Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Lkole
  • Regular
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes

User not registered in the Developer Dashboard, reason: None

Hello, I am running into an issue and not sure how to resolve it. I am working on a discord bot that will add any Spotify links found in the chat into a playlist I made.I got it working on my main computer which is a Mac. I am using the Spotipy libra...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I am running into an issue and not sure how to resolve it. I am working on a discord bot that will add any Spotify links found in the chat into a playlist I made. I got it working on my main ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    redirect
    redirect-uri
    token
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS SDK] SPTAppRemotePlayerAPI.play regression

I believe that there has been a regression in the way that the SPTAppRemotePlayerAPI.play method is handled. Previously it behaved just like the Web API variant, in that invoking it would clear the queue in addition to playing the requested track.As ...

• Casual Listener
  • I believe that there has been a regression in the way that the SPTAppRemotePlayerAPI.play method is handled.  Previously it behaved just like the Web API variant, in that invoking it would clea...
  • wiiwiiw
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    regression
    SDK
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Metal Category ID removed

Is there a reason for this category ID being removed? I used this category id flawlessly up until end of last year, when my application broke. I have since learnt that it was caused by the categoryID being removed. curl -X "GET" "https://api.spotify....

• Is there a reason for this category ID being removed? I used this category id flawlessly up until end of last year, when my application broke. I have since learnt that it was caused by the categoryID...
  • E8Wq
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ear
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Misleading info in quickstart guide?

Hi, I was reading over the quickstart guide for a web app and it says "Any application can request data from Spotify Web API endpoints and many endpoints are open and will return data without requiring registration" However, when I look at the consol...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I was reading over the quickstart guide for a web app and it says "Any application can request data from Spotify Web API endpoints and many endpoints are open and will return data without&nb...
  • alvaron
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming videos

My Question or IssueSpotify should add to the songs the videolink or even different links to videos.There is of course challenge how to sync the video and the music, but this could be overcome by running the song and the video in preindexing process ...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Spotify should add to the songs the videolink or even different links to videos. There is of course challenge how to sync the video and the music, but this could be overcome by...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Ideas
    Video On Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Developer Policy compliance for Non-Streaming SDA aggregating data from different platforms

Hi everyone! Would a Non-Streaming SDA that aggregates and analyzes user-specific usage data from different platforms be compliant with the Developer Policy? We are concerned about Section III.5 & III.13 What we plan:Our product matches users based o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone!   Would a Non-Streaming SDA that aggregates and analyzes user-specific usage data from different platforms be compliant with the Developer Policy? We are concerned about Section I...
  • L3g10n
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify API PKCE Refresh Token Process

Hello, I've created authorization code flow with PKCE in JavaScript for my personal website to access top tracks and artists from the user and display them on the page. My issue right now is that I'm new to API's and I'm not sure how to use the refre...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I've created authorization code flow with PKCE in JavaScript for my personal website to access top tracks and artists from the user and display them on the page. My issue right now is...
  • AmitVaidya
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • authorization
    refresh tokens
    spotify api
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Search API for Business

Can I use the Spotify API search functionality for an app that integrates with a restaurant. I won't actually be using Spotify to play the music because it's not licensed for business use, but is it legal for me to use the search functionality. Thank...

• Visitor
  • Can I use the Spotify API search functionality for an app that integrates with a restaurant. I won't actually be using Spotify to play the music because it's not licensed for business use, but is it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    business
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not working with cocktail audio x12 recently

Firmware and app are up-to-date. X12 shows up in the device list but Spotify cannot connect to it. Help needed, please.

• Firmware and app are up-to-date. X12 shows up in the device list but Spotify cannot connect to it. Help needed, please.
  • mauretto17061959
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

App Rejection - Apple

Hello! I have developed an app for Ios that uses the Spotify Web API. I do not plan on commercializing it for the time being, but Apple is requesting documentation with permission from Spotify to use third party content. The content I use is the trac...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I have developed an app for Ios that uses the Spotify Web API. I do not plan on commercializing it for the time being, but Apple is requesting documentation with permission from Spoti...
  • zerosodium
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • app store
    apple
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Shortcut to Equalizer

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicePixel 6Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or Issue Add an easy access/shortcut to the EQ in the app home page

•   Plan Premium Country France Device Pixel 6 Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue   Add an easy access/shortcut to the EQ in the app home page
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

Shuffle que function ios

PremiumukiPhone (doesn’t matter)ios all I use the que function quite a lot and when doing so I dip in and out of different albums que a few and then move onto the next. What would be really cool is if you could look at adding a shuffle que on the nex...

• Visitor
  • Premium uk iPhone (doesn’t matter) ios all   I use the que function quite a lot and when doing so I dip in and out of different albums que a few and then move onto the next. What would be r...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • FutureUpdateQuestion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Album Charts (German Rap)

Im using the the webApi to build a mobile app.Is there a way to get ALBUM charts for a specific genre? For example [top 50 german rap albums].If not, by any chance, does anybody know, where i can get a list of album charts? Greetings and thanks in ad...

• Visitor
  • Im using the the webApi to build a mobile app. Is there a way to get ALBUM charts for a specific genre?   For example [top 50 german rap albums]. If not, by any chance, does anybody know, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad blocks the playlist

PlanFreeCountryAustriaDeviceHuawei Mate 10 proOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhen the ad starts, it never ends and I have to restart the app for further listening.The ad is for:https://www.magenta.at/

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Austria Device Huawei Mate 10 pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue When the ad starts, it never ends and I have to restart the app for further liste...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playback
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to register my account in the Developer Dashboard

Plan: PremiumCountry: EE Device, Operating SystemMacbook Pro, OSX My Question or IssueI am unable to register my email into my app that I have created in Developer Dashboard. I add my email and my full name under "Users and Access", but all API calls...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: EE   Device, Operating System Macbook Pro, OSX   My Question or Issue I am unable to register my email into my app that I have created in Develo...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • facebook login
    Users and Access
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist context is NULL for certain user's Recently Played tracks

Background Info:Spotify tracks the location/context of where songs are played within Spotify and we can access that information via the recently played api:```GET me/player/recently-played```So if you play a stream from a playlist in Spotify your con...

adadad123_0-1649788459685.png adadad123_1-1649788470597.png
  • Regular
  • Background Info: Spotify tracks the location/context of where songs are played within Spotify and we can access that information via the recently played api: ``` GET me/player/recently-played ```...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

/me/player/recently-played returns only items with context null

Hi everyone! I'm trying to write a small app against the Spotify Web API with which I want to capture the currently active song. If the song is currently playing, I can easily use the /me/player/currently-playing endpoint to get the track and context...

• Visitor
  • ...ne of my public playlists. When playing, I can access the context through /me/player/currently-playing. I'm not in offline mode or a private session.   Thank you for your help!   P.S.: I...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Context is null on recently played tracks requests from Spotify API

Background Info:Spotify tracks the location/context of where songs are played within Spotify and we can access that information via the recently played api:```GET me/player/recently-played```So if you play a stream from a playlist in Spotify your con...

• Casual Listener
  • Background Info: Spotify tracks the location/context of where songs are played within Spotify and we can access that information via the recently played api: ``` GET me/player/recently-played ```...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • No Context
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

QUOTA EXTENTION REQUEST

Hey, I need your help. I want to submit a quota extension to spotify and I have already filled the form except for the area below. What information am I supposed to put in that box?? Are they asking for my app client id or something else?Kindly check...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I need your help. I want to submit a quota extension to spotify and I have already filled the form except for the area below. What information am I supposed to put in that box??   Are ...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search API returning many more results than before. Are field filters being ignored?

In the last week or so it seems like the search API is now returning many more results than previously.Is this intended behaviour? Is it documented anywhere, and is it possible to obtain the previous behaviour? For example:curl -X "GET" "https://api....

• Gig Goer
  • In the last week or so it seems like the search API is now returning many more results than previously. Is this intended behaviour? Is it documented anywhere, and is it possible to obtain the previo...
  • Abominabl31
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes