Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• liampronan
  • Casual Listener
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes

How to obtain user email to input it on the developer dashboard

Hello! I'm implementing the Authorization Code Flow for my app. I can successfully POST the "/api/token" endpoint, but on other endpoints I get the following error:"User not registered in the Developer Dashboard" I'm aware that the user needs to be w...

•   Hello! I'm implementing the Authorization Code Flow for my app. I can successfully POST the "/api/token" endpoint, but on other endpoints I get the following error: "User not registered...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Inconsistent responses on all `/me/albums` routes.

Hello. I have been working on a Node.JS API wrapper for the Spotify Web API lately. While working on the `/me/albums` routes, I noticed an issue with them. All the /me/routes return 401 (Missing Token) errors. Even though a valid access token is bein...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have been working on a Node.JS API wrapper for the Spotify Web API lately. While working on the `/me/albums` routes, I noticed an issue with them. All the /me/routes return 401 (Missing Toke...
  • FC5570
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SOLVED: Authorization endpoint returns unexpected query parameter

Hi! I am trying to authenticate a user using the authorization code flow. The first step is to call the /authorize endpoint. I have tried to do this and received the expected query params (code, state). Somehow the endpoint has started to reponding w...

• Hi!   I am trying to authenticate a user using the authorization code flow. The first step is to call the /authorize endpoint. I have tried to do this and received the expected query params (c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify /recommendations endpoint returning an empty array for tracks

My Question or Issue: When making a call to the /reccomendations endpoint, I get a seemingly regular response to the API call, except the tracks array is empty. Call code: Response:{"tracks" : [ ],"seeds" : [ {"initialPoolSize" : 0,"afterFilteringSiz...

Dryd3n_0-1642813986657.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue:   When making a call to the /reccomendations endpoint, I get a seemingly regular response to the API call, except the tracks array is empty.  Call code: &n...
  • Dryd3n
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

NULL release_date with GET v1/playlists/{ID}/tracks

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: coding APIs in .NET on PCOperating System: Win 10 My Question or IssueFirst time poster here... I have a playlist for my podcasts. I like to keep them sorted by when they came out (release date). This is not fully pos...

SimonMazz_0-1641654922876.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: coding APIs in .NET on PC Operating System: Win 10   My Question or Issue First time poster here... I have a playlist for my podcasts. I like t...
  • SimonMazz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't request Quota Extension

PlanPremiumCountryGermany My Question or Issue Hi! I have the following problem: I have programmed a Twitch Bot that allows the broadcaster to control the Spotify account or to request songs through the Twitch chat. It all works great, except that I ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   My Question or Issue   Hi! I have the following problem: I have programmed a Twitch Bot that allows the broadcaster to control the Spotify account or t...
  • Jilence
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Please document that the API doesn't support Sonos devices

I realize there are probably good and/or legal reasons why you can't control Sonos devices via the Spotify API, but it is super-annoying to learn about this only once you're ready to try your code on various devices. Can this be better documented in ...

• I realize there are probably good and/or legal reasons why you can't control Sonos devices via the Spotify API, but it is super-annoying to learn about this only once you're ready to try your code on...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Artists' Location / Where they're from

Does anyone know if Spotify has, or plans on implementing, an API reference point for where an artist is located (ie. city or country)?

• Regular
  • Does anyone know if Spotify has, or plans on implementing, an API reference point for where an artist is located (ie. city or country)?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Are Spotify URIs Permanent?

My Question or Issue Do URIs expire after a certain amount of time?Can we be confident that they are permanent?(Assuming an artist does not reupload a resource)

•   My Question or Issue   Do URIs expire after a certain amount of time? Can we be confident that they are permanent? (Assuming an artist does not reupload a resource)
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing previewURL

Hey folks, we didn't get this answered so I'm posting it again. Is there a reason why so many tracks are missing previewURL? We are not getting previewURL for like 70% of the songs. For example, adding the "Happier than Ever" song by Billie Eillish a...

• Regular
  • Hey folks, we didn't get this answered so I'm posting it again. Is there a reason why so many tracks are missing previewURL? We are not getting previewURL for like 70% of the songs.   For exam...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I get sound from the API?

PlanFreeCountryUkraineDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueHow do I get sound from the API? I can't find the path to the sound. I am using Node.js spotifyApi.getTrack("7dK87kjEyN7nMoxF57AT9R").then(function(data) { console.log(data....

• Plan Free Country Ukraine Device PC Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue How do I get sound from the API? I can't find the path to the sound. I am using Node.js   ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

API for commercial uses

Hi guys, does anyone know if I can use spotify API for commercial uses? I've got a website and an app where I want to use spotify for searching and displaying what song was currently played. Thank you for every response

• Hi guys, does anyone know if I can use spotify API for commercial uses? I've got a website and an app where I want to use spotify for searching and displaying what song was currently played.   ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    Commercial
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Web SDK - iOS Safari/Chrome Playback Issues (Setting Volume + Activate Element)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.1 My Question or IssueI've been developing a player using the Spotify Web SDK and testing it out on my iPhone using the Safari and Chrome apps for iOS. I've noticed the foll...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 12 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.1   My Question or Issue I've been developing a player using the Spotify Web SDK and tes...
  • nowy_cheung
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • iOS
    volume
    Volume Levels
    web playback sdk
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Search API doesn't return results for certain songs

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceAPIOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHi, I've seen similar issues reported, but with no follow up answers so I was wondering if anyone could help with my query. I am writing a little program that sear...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device API Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, I've seen similar issues reported, but with no follow up answers so I was wondering if a...
  • tomjaimz
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Python
    Search API
    Search Track
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for guidance on hosting my app

Hi there! For the past several months, I've been developing an app using Spotify Web API and Node. As it's nearing completion, I'm wondering how to host my app on a domain for others to use. So far, I've been running my authentication server on local...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there!   For the past several months, I've been developing an app using Spotify Web API and Node. As it's nearing completion, I'm wondering how to host my app on a domain for others to use....
  • Aidenowen2
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Node
    Spotify Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How to tell if a release is an EP?

The Spotify API groups both Singles and EPs in the same category (singles):(Source: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#object-albumobject) However, it clearly has an internal flag to mark a single as an EP, as made apparen...

Selbi_0-1620294650470.png Selbi_1-1620294713131.png Selbi_2-1620294744153.png Selbi_3-1620294972714.png
  • Gig Goer
  • The Spotify API groups both Singles and EPs in the same category (singles): (Source: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#object-albumobject)   However, it clear...
  • gabrlh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • album_type
    EP
    single
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Synchronizing preview music with Users Photo

What exactly are the synchronizing rules set out when using preview (short clip) spotify music with a Users Photo. Example, allowing a USER who has a premium Spotify account to select a specific preview url ( with bold call to action for redirecting ...

• Regular
  • What exactly are the synchronizing rules set out when using preview (short clip) spotify music with a Users Photo. Example, allowing a USER who has a premium Spotify account to select a specific prev...
  • nullroot
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • license
    preview
    synchronizing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When my podcast will be finish the process?

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbo...
  • Aidenowen2
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

google login for third-party app

Hi, We have developed a third party app that uses the Spotify web API. When logging in, the options that work are manually entering the username and password, Facebook, and apple, but google login returns a disallowed_agent error. I guess this is bec...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   We have developed a third party app that uses the Spotify web API. When logging in, the options that work are manually entering the username and password, Facebook, and apple, but google...
  • Aidenowen2
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not Able to Authenticate When Spotify is Installed

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePixel 3a Virtual Device (API 28)Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 Pie My Question or IssueI'm using the AuthenticationRequest and AuthenticationClient to connect a Spotify account to my app. I was testing with no issues:- Launch...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Pixel 3a Virtual Device (API 28) Operating System Android 9.0 Pie   My Question or Issue I'm using the AuthenticationRequest and AuthenticationC...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • AuthenticationClient
    bug
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes