Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• mekala02
  • Casual Listener
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 111 replies
  • 18 likes

Include Playlist metadata in api response / new endpoint

Hello, I would like to propose the idea of including all/more relevant metadata about a playlist in the endpoint available to us developers. I think a lot of apps/creators would benefit from more extensive data, that is already there but not availabl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I would like to propose the idea of including all/more relevant metadata about a playlist in the endpoint available to us developers. I think a lot of apps/creators would benefit from more e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API request
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify API Not Returning All Public Playlists Owned by Spotify

PlanPremium CountryUSA Operating SystemWindows 11 My Question or Issue For a small project I was working on, I wanted to look through Spotify's provided playlists. Using the user playlists API call, I was able to retrieve about 1400 playlists. Howeve...

• Casual Listener
  • ...vailable in the web and desktop app (which I presume means they are available in the US market). I also verified that I was using 'spotify' as the user id. Both playlists seem to have the tag `public...
  • sdsanguesa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cloning Spotify and Cloning in General

Hey, I just graduated and I am trying to get some experience by cloning things I use. I emailed the company telling them I loved the product and that I wanted to clone it. Since they only have a mobile App, I wanted to make a web version of it so I a...

•     Hey, I just graduated and I am trying to get some experience by cloning things I use. I emailed the company telling them I loved the product and that I wanted to clone it.   Si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

403 Forbidden on API Calls

HiWe created an app using Laravel and our server is a cloud Linode in Frankfurt, It doesn't matter what api do we call, everything returns 403, even the AUTH api returns 403 forbidden without any other information.Is it possible that our server is ba...

• Hi We created an app using Laravel and our server is a cloud Linode in Frankfurt, It doesn't matter what api do we call, everything returns 403, even the AUTH api returns 403 forbidden without any o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Embed podcast is not working

PlanPremiumCountry Device( Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2019)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo.) Hello dear spotify team,Today I came across with an issue. The embed podcast is not working.For example in the Michelle Obama Podcast if I try ...

•   Plan Premium Country   Device ( Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2019) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo.)   Hello dear spotify team, Today I came across with ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

its been 2 weeks since submitting extension quota

I've submitted my 3rd extension quota submission on December 22nd and haven't received an update since. Typically Spotify gets back to me within a few days. I understand there is a delay because of the holiday times. When should I expect them to revi...

• Regular
  • I've submitted my 3rd extension quota submission on December 22nd and haven't received an update since. Typically Spotify gets back to me within a few days.    I understand there is a del...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Delay
    extension
    quota
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Visualization with the "new" iOS SDK - Or can I use the old SDK still?

PlanBoth Free/PremiumDeviceAny iOSOperating SystemiOS 11+My Question or IssueI am the developer of a popular music visualizer. Unlike Android, iOS does not have OS level support for music visualization, but I've noticed there are several apps now tha...

• Plan Both Free/Premium Device Any iOS Operating System iOS 11+ My Question or Issue I am the developer of a popular music visualizer.  Unlike Android, iOS does not have OS level support f...
  • cyber_lizard
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! API Error 403 with premium account

PlanPremium CountryUS Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I try to use the /me/player/pause api endpoint it returns error 403 "Player command failed: Premium required" but the token I used to authenticate the request belongs to a prem...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country US   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I try to use the /me/player/pause api endpoint it returns error 403 "Player command failed...
  • Finbar2
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    developers
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify desktop click and drag re-order queue wont scroll

Hello, on Spotify desktop if I try to reorder multilpe items in my queue by dragging them up, when my cursor hits the top of the screen it does not scroll upwards. This is very unintuitive, as sometimes with shorter queue it does work.I wish this was...

Animation.gif
  • Regular
  • Hello, on Spotify desktop if I try to reorder multilpe items in my queue by dragging them up, when my cursor hits the top of the screen it does not scroll upwards. This is very unintuitive, as someti...
  • ropdöşambır
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Cannot authenticate with iOS SDK

I am using the Spotify iOS SDK and the Spotify app on my iPhone. iOS 15, Xcode 13.2, iPhone 13 Pro. when calling sessionManager.initiateSession(with: scope, options: .clientOnly) I get redirected to the Spotify app where my authorization fails (I see...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using the Spotify iOS SDK and the Spotify app on my iPhone. iOS 15, Xcode 13.2, iPhone 13 Pro.   when calling   sessionManager.initiateSession(with: scope, options: .clientOnly) &...
  • ir_fuel
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Three weeks since scope extension request

It's been three weeks since a scope extension request was made. In the past these requests were responded to pretty quickly so I'm thinking something has gone wrong? It was for playlist-read-collaborative. I also need to submit a new one for playlist...

• Music Fan
  • It's been three weeks since a scope extension request was made.  In the past these requests were responded to pretty quickly so I'm thinking something has gone wrong?  It was for playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Quota Extension Rejection

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIndia Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have submitted my Quota extension request, but rejected with the reason "to submit ful...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country India   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue ...
  • TheDDtMM
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Extension Rejection
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Need to know my app's status

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have tried requesting for quota extension for my app, but that time while submitting the we...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • extension request
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Am i allowed to make a blog post with information from the API?

PlanPremium My Question or IssueHelloI am not making an application but i am doing school work in the form of a blog post that will show some data that i fetched from the API in the form of a table or some kind of plot.The code file that is used to f...

• Plan Premium   My Question or Issue Hello I am not making an application but i am doing school work in the form of a blog post that will show some data that i fetched from the API in the fo...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played API endpoint does not show latest played tracks

https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-recently-played/ is not giving me the latest played tracks anymore. Seems like it stopped updating a few hours ago. I've tried listening both in the desktop client and on mobile. I'm playing normal tracks (no...

• Music Fan
  • https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-recently-played/ is not giving me the latest played tracks anymore. Seems like it stopped updating a few hours ago.   I've tried listening both i...
  • Lurkars
  • Casual Listener
  • 37 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 37 replies
  • 14 likes

Is a persistent user-scoped token possible?

Hey everyone, I am building a feature on my website that would render my top ten played songs from the Get User's Top Items endpoint. Right now it's working fine with my Bearer hardcoded as an environment variable, however, as soon as that expires my...

• Hey everyone, I am building a feature on my website that would render my top ten played songs from the Get User's Top Items endpoint. Right now it's working fine with my Bearer hardcoded as...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

500 and 302 errors web api

I'm not sure what's happening but every last request gives me 500 in my testing and every request before 500 is 302. Im using web api, python, and flask here. The code is bellow. It does provide a TypeError but I listed my code below if you can find ...

• ...utfile: track_uris = json.load(outfile) logger.info("\n\ngot track_uris")**bleep**("/") def request_auth(): scope = "user-library-read user-top-read playlist-modify-public playlist-m...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! User ID doesn't work?? (spotipy)

PlanPremiumCountryJapanDeviceMacbook Air (M1, 2020)Operating SystemmacOS Monterey 12.0.1 Nice to meet you."My user information(?)" suddenly doesn't work in "spotipy".For example, nothing happens inputing user id in "sp.user_playlists()", and "sp.user...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Japan Device Macbook Air (M1, 2020) Operating System macOS Monterey 12.0.1   Nice to meet you. "My user information(?)" suddenly doesn't work in "spotipy". For ...
  • naka7su
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Does The Web Playback SDK support playing video podcasts?

Hi, I'm trying to integrate the Web Playback SDK and play a video podcast, but when I specify the URI and play it - it only plays the audio. Is playing a video supported by the SDK? Thanks,M

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm trying to integrate the Web Playback SDK and play a video podcast, but when I specify the URI and play it - it only plays the audio. Is playing a video supported by the SDK? &n...
  • justmv
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • web playback sdk
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

API endpoint for getting multiple Albums (with tracks) from multiple Artists

My web app is using the Spotify API to get all of the albums by multiple artists.I have to call https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/get-an-artists-albumsThe number of artists can easily be in the hundreds. Becau...

• Casual Listener
  • My web app is using the Spotify API to get all of the albums by multiple artists. I have to call https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/get-an-artists-albums The...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes