Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• srvaroa
  • Casual Listener
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes

API Access Token

https://pastebin.com/zx9FwZEs This is what my code looks like so far. I followed the Spotify Web Api Documentation, and it says:Response On success, the response will have a 200 OK status and the following JSON data in the response body.How do I acce...

• Visitor
  • https://pastebin.com/zx9FwZEs   This is what my code looks like so far. I followed the Spotify Web Api Documentation, and it says: Response On success, the response will have a 200 OK status ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

502 bad gateway on player requests

Spotify premium planWindows 10ASP .NET core 6 web api this morning I was working on developing a personal project that relies on Spotify integration. Requests we working fine, but around 2:30pm eastern time, calls to the me/player endpoint started re...

• Visitor
  • Spotify premium plan Windows 10 ASP .NET core 6 web api   this morning I was working on developing a personal project that relies on Spotify integration. Requests we working fine, but around...
  • belltown
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • API Bug
    Bad Gateway
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Regarding Insufficient client scope

Hi Spotify TeamGreetings, We have integrated your SpotifyiOS SDK for iOS devices based on this documentation https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/ios/quick- start/ and we are facing some inconsistent issues while authorising with the API self....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify Team Greetings, We have integrated your SpotifyiOS SDK for iOS devices based on this documentation https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/ios/quick- start/ and we are facing some inc...
  • lerpe
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    iOS SDK
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Authorization Process

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 15.5 My Question or Issue HelloI am seeking to find help on having a one-time "Authorization" process between our app and spotify. Please see the attached for your reference. In the "Sp...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System iOS 15.5   My Question or Issue   Hello I am seeking to find help on having a one-time "Authorization"...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authorization
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get the contributer of a track within a collaborative playlist.

Hello Spotify-friends,I am trying to match the tracks within a playlist to their contributer. Is there any way to do this within the API?I am using the "spotipy" module in Python, so maybe it isn't implemented there yet.Thank you for your time!Greets...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify-friends, I am trying to match the tracks within a playlist to their contributer. Is there any way to do this within the API? I am using the "spotipy" module in Python, so maybe it i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Collaborative playlist private public
    contributer
    Python
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SDK connection problems

Device(iPhone 13)Operating System(iOS 15) My Question or IssueI am developing an app that uses Spotify SDK to obtain currently playing playlists. I have a button that redirects user to Spotify app, to select music, and when the user returns, SDK prov...

• Casual Listener
  • Device (iPhone 13) Operating System (iOS 15)   My Question or Issue I am developing an app that uses Spotify SDK to obtain currently playing playlists.  I have a button that redirect...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    SDK
    SPTAppRemote
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change tempo of the music

I need to change the tempo of the playing music. While seeing the documentation I couldn't find any API for changing playing speed. Is it possible to change the tempo? if possible what is the API for changing the tempo. Recently I saw the tempo and p...

• I need to change the tempo of the playing music. While seeing the documentation I couldn't find any API for changing playing speed. Is it possible to change the tempo? if possible what is the API for...
  • stbrouwers
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recognition for third party app developers

Hey! Brouwers here.I have developed a third party app for spotify a while ago. Now i thought it'd be cool to be able to showcase it or at least show the name and the purpose of the app on your public profile. Also if you've been granted a quota exten...

• Regular
  • Hey! Brouwers here. I have developed a third party app for spotify a while ago. Now i thought it'd be cool to be able to showcase it or at least show the name and the purpose of the app on your public...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bonjour, est ce que la 2F est disponible ?

Aucune des informations ci-dessous n'est requise. Cependant, plus vous fournissez, plus il nous sera facile d'essayer d'aider.PlanificateurGratuitPaysFranceDispositifJe ne sais pasSystème opérateurWindows 10Ma question ou mon problèmeQuestion

• Visitor
  • Aucune des informations ci-dessous n'est requise. Cependant, plus vous fournissez, plus il nous sera facile d'essayer d'aider. Planificateur Gratuit Pays France Dispositif Je ne sais pas Systè...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY API for commercials

Hi,We are creating a service using Spotify API for commercial usage.I am looking for sales / Support contact person to communicate the requirement and understand the commercials involved in the APIs. Thank you.

• Visitor
  • Hi, We are creating a service using Spotify API for commercial usage. I am looking for sales / Support contact person to communicate the requirement and understand the commercials involved in the A...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API for commercials
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Using offset with 'Get Followed Artists' request

Hello, does anybody knows if it is possible to use offset when using a 'Get Followed Artist' request and how to use it?I have been trying adding the offset parameter to the query and I do not get the properly offseted list of items. Thank you PlanPre...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, does anybody knows if it is possible to use offset when using a 'Get Followed Artist' request and how to use it? I have been trying adding the offset parameter to the query and I do not get t...
  • bluetuz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Artist Offset
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Get playlists ordered by name

Hello, is there a way to get the playlists of a user ordered by its name using the 'Get Current User's Playlists' request? PlanPremiumCountryESDeviceSamsung Galaxy Tab Active 3Operating SystemAndroid 11

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, is there a way to get the playlists of a user ordered by its name using the 'Get Current User's Playlists' request?   Plan Premium Country ES Device Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 Op...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist order
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to use API token refresh from my web app (newbie)

Hello, I'm not a pro developer but am skilled enough to be running API calls to collect ISRC codes for tracklists for a community-based online radio station. I've gotten it all working, requesting a token and running queries with it. My confusion is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm not a pro developer but am skilled enough to be running API calls to collect ISRC codes for tracklists for a community-based online radio station.    I've gotten it all working...
  • kw0006667
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Posting Tracks at social networks

Hello! I'm an artist! "Charlie Spot" and i found kind of "bug" with sharing links on social media. Doing that action... only shows the name of the "first" artist and that is not fair for the others artists registered in the same track. i have attache...

• Hello!   I'm an artist! "Charlie Spot"   and i found kind of "bug" with sharing links on social media.   Doing that action... only shows the name of the "first" artist and that i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a String Length Limit for the Search Endpoint Query String

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceiMac Late 2014Operating SystemmacOS Big Sir 11.6.4 (20G417) My Question or IssueWhen I attempt to execute the following query, either with Python or with the Spotify Developer Console, I get a 404 error. Does this erro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device iMac Late 2014 Operating System macOS Big Sir 11.6.4 (20G417)   My Question or Issue When I attempt to execute the following query, either with Pyt...
  • barduck
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

new_releases endpoint seem incomplete

PlanPremiumCountryFR DeviceAPI through Spotipy My Question or IssueHi,I'm trying to build something to gather album releases from a specific genre but the API response seem not return all the album. For example at this date if you call the API you wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country FR   Device API through Spotipy   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm trying to build something to gather album releases from a specific genre but the API response s...
  • Dranaxel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to solve the INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI error

My Question or Issue I have made a Spotify clone with react integrated with the Spotify Api. The app only has a client side I have deployed the app to netlify. Upon pressing the login button on the homepage, the get request is sent to the API to auth...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue   I have made a Spotify clone with react integrated with the Spotify Api. The app only has a client side I have deployed the app to netlify.   Upon pressing the log...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist stops playing when It is in a miminzed tabs group in Chrome

Repro steps:1. Create a new tabs group including Spotify web.2. Start playing a playlist.3. Minimize tabs group.And finally, when the song that is playing ends the playlist'll stop abruptly for no reason.To create tabs group in Chrome:Right click in ...

• Visitor
  • Repro steps: 1. Create a new tabs group including Spotify web. 2. Start playing a playlist. 3. Minimize tabs group. And finally, when the song that is playing ends the playlist'll stop abruptly f...
  • sayerL
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Search API endpoint changed expected response

Hi, I just noticed that the Search endpoint is not returning the same results as of yesterday. For example if I used this query before: ```track:Electric Fling artist:Stefano Breda``` it would respond with like 20 items similar to that search [amongs...

• Hi, I just noticed that the Search endpoint is not returning the same results as of yesterday.    For example if I used this query before: ```track:Electric Fling artist:Stefano Bred...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search API
    Search Track
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 403 when starting playback on Discover Weekly

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceHomeAssistant VM initiating playback to Google Home MiniOperating SystemLinux My Question or IssueI have been having an issue with initiating playback of the Discover Weekly Playlist from HomeAssistant. I finally narrowed th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device HomeAssistant VM initiating playback to Google Home Mini Operating System Linux   My Question or Issue I have been having an issue with initiating playba...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes