Free

Country

Bangladesh

Device

(iPhone 12, Macbook Pro 2019)

Operating System

(iOS 14, macOS)

My Question or Issue

I was under Family Plan(Plan Member, not the Plan Maker) for more than 2 years. After Spotify launched in Bangladesh, I canceled the Family Plan, took a leave and tried to buy Individual Premium with my Credit Card, which has sufficient balance and the card is not blocked. The payment failed. I tried multiple times, same result. I tried switching network, Incognito Mode, entirely different browser.

Note: Yesterday I wanted to check whether my Credit Card is supported, so I created a new account and bought a Individual Premium. This was the very card I was trying to use today. Yesterday the purchase was succesful and later on I deleted that account.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 3.07.33 AM.png
5 Replies

Hey @_-c8462k337lw,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

This is indeed odd. if you're able to activate individual Premium, one possible workaround would be to do that and then upgrade to Family either here or through your account page. If the upgrade is successful you'll get access to all Premium Family features straight away. The next payment will take place a little sooner due to the price difference.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I cannot even activate Individual Premium. It worked 2 days ago, with another new account. But not working now.

Hey @_-c8462k337lw,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It's a good idea to contact your bank to check if everything is fine with the card.

You can also log in to your account here and check the receipts. There you can find all successful payments you've processed to Spotify.   

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

It was my bank related issue. I could buy Family Plan today after the issue was fixed.
Thanks for looking into it.

Hey @_-c8462k337lw,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and you were able to subscribe to Premium for Family. 

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts