Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel subscription

Cancel subscription

Just yesterday we were trying to get the student discounts for Spotify premium. When we went ahead and put the credit card information we found out that you need to be a college student in order to apply for it so we decided not to apply for it anymore. Now Spotify is charging the credit card that we used 5 dollars but I do not have Spotify premium on my phone. It would be much appreciated if Spotify could either give me premium or cancel the subscription because it doesn't show that I am subscribed on my menu

3 Replies

Hey @sandoval1554472,

If Spotify is unable to verify your student I.D, you won’t be eligible to claim the student discount. In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’. This means your bank has put a temporary authorization on the funds, but no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank confirms your student I.D failed to verify successfully, the money will reappear on your statement. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank. You can reach out to them for more information about any pending payments.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What if we cancelled the process of getting Spotify premium through the student discount?(we decided not to get it after putting the credit card information and after I had already submitted the information about the credit card but i had not submitted the school information . Also I exited the page once we had submitted the information about the card but not the school and ID)

The same thing applies in that case 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts