Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

My recent debit card has been shut off due to fraudulent activities. I am receiving a new debit card in the mail in the next 5-7 business days. However, my premium spotify account will be charging my old debit card in the next few days. How can I get my spotify premium account to charge my new debit card through my account/routing number?

1 Reply

Hey @Dani1924, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When it reaches your billing date (the date when your subscription renews), and the card isn't active or there aren't enough funds on the card on the billing date - your subscription won't immediately be canceled. Spotify will attempt to charge your card a few more times over the course of a few days (which may vary). If the card is still not active and hasn't been changed, your subscription will get canceled and revert to Free.

In your case, since your card isn't active and a new one is being sent to you, you can: 

• Update your payment details with a new payment method in your area. There are steps on how to update your payment details here. You mentioned wanting to use a banking account/routing number - Spotify usually accepts only credit/debit cards and prepaid cards, and you will see the list of payments you can use if you decide to update your payment details.
  • Purchase a gift card online or at select retailers to cover the month of Premium so that by the next billing date your card will be ready to use. You can also purchase Spotify gift cards online at PayPal.com.
  • Wait for the new card to come in the mail, but cannot guarantee that your subscription will remain active a few days after your billing date.

There is some more information about payment methods here. For more info about canceling a subscription, check out this support article.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts