Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country with payement information does not work. UK to Luxembourg

Changing country with payement information does not work. UK to Luxembourg

I moved to luxembourg back to my Famillyhome. I want to set up a family spotify, but I assume I will need to change my country (currently set to UK). This does not work

I changed my payement information to a Luxembourgish card by clicking on the "Change Country": https://www.spotify.com/lu-fr/account/subscription/update/?country=lu

Then the country did not update. I thought it might need to wait until my next payement so I waited and that did not work either. I then changed it to a Paypal Luxembourgish Paypal account and waited for another month and that did not work either.

Furthermore, spotify actually charged me using my old payement information!

I don't know what to do. I tried changing my subscription to a family subscription regardless and now It keeps telling me there is an error and that "Please try again later". I've tried 3 days in a row and that doesn't work. I don't know why this is not working, and there doesn't seem to be a phone number I can call to fix this "bug" with my account that no one else seems to have.

6 Replies

Hey @JackPortal, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Try using the incognito mode for this.

To change the country you first need to cancel your current subscription.

Then you can change the country, check this article for more.

After you changed the country try upgrading to Spotify Premium for Family, check more here.

Hope it helps 🙂

I am having a similar problem. I tried almost every solution but it won't let me go back to premium.
I have 43 playlists in my account that I want to keep.

LOXER. Can I cancel the account (last resource) and then open a new account to recover my playlists?? Thanks!

Yeah, on a desktop/ laptop, you can open the Spotify Web player. Then you
can drag and drop your playlist on your desktop.

Once you've done that for all your playlist, you can log into your new
account and drag them from your desktop to the Spotify player. At that
point you need to follow the playlist (one by one... Very tedious)

That is what I had to do for my account. Impossible to recover the old one.

Hey there @raulitomoneta,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

You mention you're experiencing a similar issue - just to confirm, are you also on Premium and trying to update your country?

If so, make sure to give another try to the steps below:

1. Open an incognito or private window in your browser.
  2. Log in to your subscription page
  3. Click Change payment method
  4. Select Change country at the bottom and select your new country from the pop up.
  5. Enter a new payment method - it will need to be issued in your new country. 

However, if your account has reverted to Free, you can instead follow these steps:

1. Open an incognito or private window in your browser.
  2. Log in to your account page
  3. Click EDIT PROFILE
  4. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  5. Click SAVE PROFILE.
  6. Once your country has updated in your account page, head here to upgrade.

If you're having troubles doing this, we'd recommend checking the info provided for your payment method in this support site article. It'd be also helpful if you could share a screenshot of any error message you see so we can take a look - just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info.

On another note, if you decide to close your Spotify account permanently and start over with a new one, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina! Thanks for the fast answer. I never moved to another country, just visited Japan for 3 weeks. Moreover, after spotyfy suspended my premium package, I did everything i could, rebiused settings, updated info, changed password, etc etc. All this to re-establish the service. Finally I tried going back to the free service, and upgrading to premium. And it doesn´t work either. So Y am stuck in free, with all my music (4 years!) frozen.
I had spotify premium since the first month it was available in my country. The country in my settings is still Argentina, i never changed it. The problem is that it wont accept credit cards, i tried with all 3 cardas i have, and rejects them all.

This is the error message i get (red box):
YOUR PAYMENT METHOD AND YOUR CONTRY DON´T MATCH. TO CONTINUE, CHANGE THE COUNTRY IN YOUR ACCOUNT, OR SELECT ANOTHER PAYMENT METHD.

Just want to continue using and paying my account, as always. Please help.
I hope i dont have to cancel the account and start a new one! It will take quite a while to backup and redo mu playlists.
Thanks!

Thanks Jack, good to know my library is safe somewhere... I hope I don´t have to get to the point of moving it to a new account! Feels like a punishment for traveling!
Regards!

Suggested posts