Changing credit card

Solved!

Re: Changing credit card

tdlay_99
I am experiencing the same issue. Have you received a solution yet?

kswarchuk
Casual Listener

No, I come to the page the the dial just spins and spins....Anyone know why?

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

To change payment info:

1. Go to http://spotify.com/

2. Login to your account

3. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

4. Click UPDATE DETAILS.

osorniosRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

urtabajev
Casual Listener

I am relocating from CZ to EE and upgrading payment details fails. It detects that I want to use credit card issued in Estonia but after I clic change/switch to Estonia my payment details will be stay unchanged. applies also to PayPal.
Previously CZ dudes closed my CZ card without notification  because they thoutht that Amazon payment requests were very-very-very suspicious. :D

Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

@urtabajev

Why don't you delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether? You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

After you cancel, you can resubscribe to premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

What I'm suggesting you do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

4. Change country to EE in your Spotify profile. (I suppose you're already in Estonia)

5. Subscribe to Premium with new payment info.

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

The country in your profile and payment info must match. That's why you're having problems.
osorniosRock Star 23

user-removed
Not applicable

Every time i try to enter my card number, the entry box adds unnecessary spaces so that I can't enter the FULL 16-digit number without being told i'm entering too many numbers. Have tried it on my phone and on every browser i have, and it doesn't work. Gotta get this done within like two days because otherwise the subscription will time out. 

Spotty support sucks !!

Crazy25

KaiiSt
Casual Listener

Hello there,

after having some problems with PayPal I tried to change my method of payment to credit card. Typed in my data (correctly), country matches (germany), no success, the "error message" blames it on the credit card company, so I called them but no luck either, they saw Spotify demanding 0€ to check the existence of the credit card, everything accepted, but then it seems to crash everytime.

Is there anybody who has experienced similar kind of problems or just happens to know a solution?

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

@KaiiSt

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether. You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, change your country in profile (if you need to), and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

osorniosRock Star 23
SUGGESTED POSTS