Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing credit card

Solved!

Changing credit card

Hi there

I have recently had to change my credit card. How do I alter my details so that my Spotify account isn't cancelled?

300 Replies

Same...nothing! 😞 Anything else that I could try? Thanks!

Seems like you're all having an issue worth investigating.

Please search for the issue in the ongoing issues board and post there to be in the loop. If it doesn't exist you can create a new topic, so it can fixed. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I tried using a different browser and for what ever reason, that did it. Try using Google Chrome.

Did try...didn't work. Thanks!

Hello,

I'm clicking on the button Update under payment method to update my credit card and nothing loads that allows me to update my card.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have been attempting to change my credit card payment information but the sit is not letting me do that- when I press “ update” - nothing happens

it will no let me do anything

I have not found a solution yet.

The same happened to me!!!

Absolutely ridiculous that there is an option to change credit card and it doesn't work. I've had to cancel and then re-subscrbe to premium and really really hoping I haven't lost my music.

You guys, I have found out that it can be donet, but only if and when the
attempt to collect the credit card payment by the system is performed and
denied. Then, and only then, I was able to successfully change to a new
credit card.

That means we have to wait till it gets declined (which I assume will
eventually affect your credit record and your future eligibility for a
loan, for example).

What pisses me off is to see that any 'peanut' online service out there has
an esaier way to change payment methods and data than Spotify, and no one
there seems to give a rat's **bleep** abou it.

Hi I having difficulty subscribing because I’ve just got a new card How do I change my old card details to the new one

So true that they don’t give.... and I have received email that my payment is declined and I don’t know why but anyway, it’s not working for me! I couldn’t change cc!

Hi. i can't seem to update my payment method. nothing happened when i clicked on the update button. please assit to check on this. thanks.

I think we should all cancel #Spotify since they don’t care about our money! This is totally weird! We want to pay but they don’t give a **bleep**! Fine with me! I’ll just switch to Apple or something else! This doesn’t make any sense! F* customer care since they don’t care! I’m out!

Hi there,

I am trying to update my credit card information on my account but it is not allowing me.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

I'm also having the same issues 2 years after this post.

When I click update as per the "help" instructions it does nothing. The help instructions state payment options can be selected from the top however this is not the case. I've tried several times on different device but still no good. Very annoying!!!!

If that's the case, it's better to delete your payment info instead of updating. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE under Payment Info. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before removing your payment info.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Please remember, your new payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What happen if the payment update option does not work? Doesnt  matter if i try by iphone or by a laptop the option is not working. The page start running and it stops working without showing the change bar of payment options. They are about to cancel my premium account and the only reason is beacuse they dont let me change the payment data,

Thanks

Same issue here, unable to change credit card information. Nothing happens when clicking Update button. Please advice.

Suggested posts