Changing credit card

Solved!

Re: Changing credit card

rachellejane017
Regular
hi I already unsubscribe to spotify but they still charge me? what do I need to do? anyone please help me ASAP.. thanks

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@rachellejane017

It's better to delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.
osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

TuckerMcGyver
Regular

THIS IS BS... I JUST WANNA SCREEEAM!!! but who'll listen... I tried everything suggested.. right up to clearing payment and cancelling.. then when it comes back and I select USE CREDIT CARD.. it just spins and spins and spins...  #$^#$#$^#^#^ 

kamo7s

I'm having the same issue, Tucker. I even went so far as to disable my adblocker on my browser and still no luck. Hopefully someone who actually works for Spotify's billing/payment department will see this and fix the problem.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@TuckerMcGyver @kamo7s

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from a no-reply address) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

christransue
I had the same issue when I had "ghostery" running. Turned off in my browser preferences and credit card information popped right up. Then turned ghostery back on. YMMV.

Casual Listener

Canceling the subscription is the only solution that I found to changing credit cards. I tried three times over 6 weeks and no luck. Maybe I renew and maybe I don't. Spotify needs to jolt their support guy (there must be only one) and get him to change this.

Casual Listener

Same issue... over a 6 week period.

urtabajev
Casual Listener
Seems that without cancelling you can't change card if new card issuing country differs from old card. Another issue to solve for EU.
Same time, updating card info without changing country maybe works without cencellation.

Lm27
I need to change payments to a different Spotify account but it won't let me cancel my subscription to an email that I forgot the password to
SUGGESTED POSTS