Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing from Family to Duo

Changing from Family to Duo

I want to change from Family to Duo as it is just my wife and I.  I understand we will not lose playlists etc.  What I have not been able to find any info on is:

If I as the account holder change the plan from Family to Duo will my wife need to do anything?  Will I need to send her a new invite?  Is there anything she will see on her end?   Or will it simply be a matter of the billing changing from Family to Duo and she will not be disturbed or required to do anything at all?

2 Replies

Hi @Tokfume,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community! 

If you change your subscription plan from Premium Family to Premium Duo, your wife’s account will revert to the free, ad-supported plan; and you can then invite her to your Premium Duo plan by following the steps in this support article.

She will get a link to join your Premium Duo plan, where she will need to log in to her account (or sign up for a new account), as well as confirm her address.

You can read more about how Premium Duo works here, as well as in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi to change from Family to duo on Spotify you will need to wait until your Spotify premium has ended then that will switch your account to free what then you can purchase the duo plan for you and your wife hope this help thanks.

Riley

Suggested posts