Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing from premium to duo

Solved!

Changing from premium to duo

I'm trying to change from premium to duo. But I get a notification I can't because I'm either not eligible for the subscription of I already have the subscription or I don't have any stored payment methods.

My premium is being paid by Visa, so I guess I have a stored payment method?

I have already tried in incognito as suggested in a similar question here, but that did not work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Torgill

Thanks for providing us with the requested details. 

In case this persists across different devices and connections and also when using an incognito window it'd be a good idea to get in touch with our friends from the customer support team. 

Check out this help page on how to do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I'm also having this issue. I pay monthly for premium with mastercard. I tried incognito and a different browser. What is the solution?

I also have this issue. I want to change to a duo plan for my wife and i. I pay monthly for premium with mastercard. 

Hi @Torgill, @jascott83 and @Freakdude,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you try again from a different device and using a different internet connection?

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error message you're getting when you're trying to change from Premium to Premium Duo? Make sure not to send any private info. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm getting the same error. Here's the message I see when trying to change from Premium to Premium Duo. I've tried making the change from my phone and from two different browsers on my laptop, including incognito windows. I'm not connected to a VPN and my account is direct with Spotify (not through a third party).

premium_duo_error.JPG

Hey @helenkellers,  

Help’s here!

Could you also send us a screenshot of the Your plan section so we can have a look? You can find it once you've accessed the Account overview page of your account. 

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy a great day! 

Hello,

I have tried on a different devices and different connections and I still can't change subscriptions.

You can find the requested screenshots in the attachements.

2021-06-16 08_30_26-Window.png
2021-06-16 08_31_38-Window.png
Marked as solution

Hey @Torgill

Thanks for providing us with the requested details. 

In case this persists across different devices and connections and also when using an incognito window it'd be a good idea to get in touch with our friends from the customer support team. 

Check out this help page on how to do that. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Screenshots from both my desktop and mobile. Tried 3 different browsers, two different wifi connections and mobile data. @Eni 

Annotation 2021-06-16 111925.jpg
Screenshot_20210616-111315.jpg

And proof of payment

plan.jpg

Eni I have replied to my post below. Thanks for the help

Hey @jascott83

Thanks for providing us with more info about this.

Just to double-check, have you tried contacting Spotify's customer support team regarding this issue? 

You can reach out to them in one of the several ways listed here

Let us know how it goes. 

Hi Ivan,

After making my post I found another post that recommended cancelling Premium and then re-signing up for Premium Duo. So I cancelled Premium and now it looks like I have to wait for my subscription month to finish before I can make another change. Long story short, my Your Plan screen looks different than it did a few days ago. Nevertheless, here it is.

I also see a reply on this post with a solution to contact customer support. I'll give that a try. 

your_plan1.JPG
your_plan2.JPG

I talked with customer support and they gave me this link that worked: https://www.spotify.com/purchase/offer/duo/?country=US

Hi there @helenkellers,

Thank you for your reply.

We're really glad to here that everything works as it should for you 🙂

It's also very nice of you to share the link with the other users.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts