Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chargeback???

Chargeback???

I got a chargeback email this morning and my account had been disabled which makes it extremely difficult to resolve... I've been a premium subscriber for over a year and never had a problem. I've created a new account and filled in the contact form, and replied to it. My case number is: 00902372<br><br>What's happening? I havent requested a chargeback, payments have never been a problem in the past, I've paid 100s in subscriptions and this treatment is extremely poor, very badly implemented service, I'm shocked at the low level of support, it's almost displaying a level of contempt for your customers that I thought couldn't be got away with any more, but Spotify is obviously giving it a try...<br>
28 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for providing us with the case number. I have escalated your case to the Payments team who will be in touch in the near future to help.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Thank you Jamie, your help is really appreciated!

It's no trouble at all! Hope it all gets sorted out soon 🙂

Follow me on Spotify.

I just had my Spotify account re-enabled, thanks to all the help from the community and spotify support, it was all good in the end!!

But one thing that is maybe worth noting about this case, is that my bank did not actually Charge Back, it was my payment card wad expired due to me being with LloydsTSB in the UK and now being split off to the new TSB so my card was prematurely expired as I was issued with a new TSB card.

So the transaction was actually declined due to the card details being expired.

I've put in my new details and back listening to my music. Maybe a better approach to this by Spotify would be to freeze the account and allow the user an opportunity to bring the account back into order, or cancel. I could have fixed this within minutes but instead it took 2 days and the time of Spotify Customer Services.

Anyway, all fixed now, panic over...

Angus

I need help with my account! Its been disabled for about 2 weeks now and i haven't heard back from anybody yet. Any way you might be able to help?

@AJMRADIO wrote:

I need help with my account! Its been disabled for about 2 weeks now and i haven't heard back from anybody yet. Any way you might be able to help?

Hey @AJMRADIO ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Would you be able to let us know your case number (#) from when you got in touch with support? 

Its in the automated confirmation email.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey! THanks for getting back to me. Heres the original case# 00927325

THe username is "ImNotRalph"

@AJMRADIO wrote:

THe username is "ImNotRalph"

Asked someone to chase up what has happened to your case for you 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

aw dude thanks! I will be bugging you again soon though if i dont hear haha. Thank you so much! 

Hi there, one of our advisors has sent a reply. Please check your e-mail 🙂

Follow me on Spotify.

I just got the email! But im concerned now becuase i have to resign up for premium when i already paid for this month. What can we do for that? I dont want to just let that money go but im willing to since i got my account back. 

Hey, the accounts guys who sent the email are the best people to talk to about that. Just let them know your thoughts and they'll tell you your options.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I emailed them but no respnse. Is there a certain email i should send it to?

Hello, @AJMRADIO! It usually takes around 48 hours to get a response. Don't worry, just be patient and all should be good!

A few days ago i started having problems logging onto my spotify account. (also happened to be a few days after re-upgrading my account to premium)

I spent days trying to figure out the cause. I was eventually able to figure out a way to get a message to the spotify support team without having to log onto my account and when i eventually got a reply, they said my account had been disabled due to chargebacks.

The exact message i recieved read:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Your Spotify account has been disabled because we received a chargeback from your bank in relation to a payment processed on your account in July, August and September. Subsequently the funds have been automatically credited back to your bank account.

Spotify takes chargebacks very seriously. For this reason we will not be able to re-enable your account.

Please, contact your bank if you have further questions

I replied to the message, but i have yet to get a reply back.

I've been a good customer in the past and have never had anything like this happen.

I'm currently attending college and the payments for those months were being charged to my parents credit card.

If an error in payment or chargeback had occured, it would have been done unintentionally by my parents. Also, why did I not receive any email or notification before having my account immediately deactivated. Not only that, I had recently just entered my debit card information and played for another month of premium Spotify less than a week ago before having my account deactivated without notice or without having any easy way to respond.

I would also be happy to pay the cost for anything that had been charged back if thats what it took to get my account reactivated.

Please help me to better resolve this issue because Spotify was the only source for my music and I would like to remain a customer for a long time to come. I would be really disappointed if I had to rebuild my entire music library and take my business to another music provider just because of an accident.

Spotify Case # 00980373

The accounts team are the only people who can sort this out so reply to their last email and let them know your thinking.

01582961 is my case number, for an account that I currently cannot access for the same reasons as above.

It's been disabled now for over a month, due to a muck-up with Paypal that has since long been resolved on their end.

Similarly, it's to my frustration here that there's no number to call, as I've sent this through as a case multiple times, getting nothing more than an automated reply each time.

Hi @iKirrahe ! The team works very hard to get back to users as soon as possible. Please be sure you've responded directly to the automated email (don't open a whole new case via the contact form). Check your spam filter if you haven't seen the automated email from the team. Once you reply you'll hear back shortly.

Suggested posts