NEXT STEP

Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Solved!

Currys 6 months free code won’t work

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

We purchased a laptop today from curry’s PC world and got a code for 6 months free Spotify but when I tried to create an account and enter the code it will not except it and it just says please try again.

I would be very grateful it someone could help with this matter please 

thank you

71 Replies

This still isnt working for me and I've tried all the options mentioned above and been talking to the helpline without any resolution. Not happy, it shouldnt be so difficult to redeem an offer code

Hi enh29 did you see my post on what worked for me I followed Katrina post on page 5 and after doing step 4 I had to retype redeem at the end of the url as it had disappeared everything worked now I hope this works for you.

Yes I have tried this and it still doesn’t work 😬

This is crazy. So to clarify, if you have HAD or HAVE Spotify premium in he entire time of my account, I am not eligible for this offer? Doesn't seem to say that ANYWHERE.

Hey @grjbb,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you head to the external website for the offer here, you'll see the following caveat at the bottom:

You can find the full T&Cs for the offer here.

Hope that helps clear things up! Let us know if you have any further queries.

My daughter bought me a bluetooth speaker from currys, and so i wanted to use the 6  months free spotify offer.  Ive never had premium, it came up with the im not eligible comment, i contacted support, and was online for 45 mins.  I went through all the steps she suggested, and still it doesnt work.  It has been escalated.  This is very disappointing and frustrating.  I should be eligible.  Ive only ever had a free version.  

Same issue. I've tried all the options recommended in the topic: Chrome, Firefox, Opera, even Explorer; incognito/private window - they all had the same symptom:

First try: "The code you entered doesn’t exist. Try again."

Second try: "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you."

If it happened only once, I would suspect I had made a typo, but as it was the same in each and every case, this is more like a pattern.

Had a chat with Spotify help desk and they took me through the steps - still no result. The guy was helpful, but could only confirm that

a) the code seems to be correct, otherwise I couldn't proceed

b) I have not had any Premium or trial before

He concluded that I seem to be eligible, but if the systems says I'm not, then I'm probably not. This is ridiculous, as the only published criteria is no previous Premium account.

I have created a brand new account just to see if there's any difference - nope, still not eligible.

I suspect the tranche of codes provided by Currys has not been provisioned in Spotify's systems, so they are not recognised as eligible for 6 months of Premium, but there seems to be no solution.

Any advice?

Hi there @Daniel-527,

Sorry to hear you can't redeem the Curry's code you've got. Thanks for listing everything that you've tried so far and the outcome of it. 

Just to check with you - have you tried the steps in this post? Let us know if you have and what happens.

It'd be worth it to try this Solution that worked out for another user.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Petya,
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried both solutions with every browser I have (Chrome, Opera, Edge, Safari), in private mode, and with two accounts (one's a year old, the other is less than a week old, neither ever had Premium).
Still gives the same: "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you."
Any other options?
Thanks

Hi @Daniel-527,

We really appreciate you tried everything suggested so far.

In this case we'dd advise you to teach out to customer support here with a brief summary of what you've tried so far, the error message and the fact that you have two accounts. They'll take it on from there.

Thanks again for your time and effort!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Why would somebody not be eligible?! 
based on what?! I have a code too and i can t use it...apparently i am not eligible! How is that????? 

Been experiencing this issue for the past 3 months ans still no resolution from the spotify team. Planning to create a new post to document my experience.

Suggested posts