Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Existing Premium w Hulu account disconnected

Existing Premium w Hulu account disconnected

I have been a spotify premium subscriber for going on seven years. I just signed up to the Hulu add on (w ads) earlier this year. 

After I updated my credit card details on spotify, my Hulu account is gone. Poof. Disappeared. 

Spotify support tells me that since the Hulu add on registration has closed for new subscribers, they can't link my premium to my Hulu again, even though I WAS registered before it closed. They said to post here for a solution. 

Please advise.

5 Replies

Hey @Elibra, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this.

You're not the only one with this issue, and I'm sorry this happened to you. Since Premium + Hulu is no longer available, you or Spotify won't be able to add it to your account.

Although, if you're a college student, you can take advantage of Premium Student, which includes Hulu and SHOWTIME.

I hope this helps! Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Moved:

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically point 8: "Always use an appropriate and respectful language when you post information in the Community". More info on this can be found here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Blog/Spotify-Community-Guidelines/ba-p/27

Thank you KossB.

I've now spent hours with Spotify support which which was essentially them repeating over and over that they have no idea how to fix it and to keep looking here on spotify community for a fix - as if this is a company forum where spotify will assume responsibility to find an answer. 

To treat paying customers like this is not only ridiculous, but utterly unacceptable. This isn't some software UI suggestion, or random operating system update glitch; this is paying customers that are doing nothing more than updating their credit card info and getting canceled out of their existing enrollment. And then Spotify saying umm.. well we can't do anything because because... the offer isn't open to new subscribers.  Almost as if it was intentionally planned, to renege on the original offer by way of using any excuse to say oops!..now its gone, sorry not sorry.

Billy-J  - If you're "not a spotify employee" as you claim, then don't post a response that says nothing other than sorry about that but here's the company line on the issue- as if it makes any sense at all to treat paying customers this way. 

Spotify should have fixed this IMMEDIATELY, out of their own pocket if need be, and people who aren't employees wouldn't be replying with useless platitudes. 

Hey @Elibra,

Just to let you know that we've posted a reply about your issue in this thread.

Let us know if you have any further questions! We'll be here to answer them.

Suggested posts