Premium

Country

USA

Device

Acer Nitro 5 Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello! I am having an issue changing my email on Spotify. I realize I am using Spotify thru Facebook and I recently changed my email on Facebook since I do not use the one that I registered with. Does it take a while to update on Spotify? Will it update? I made sure to update my primary email on Facebook and delete the one no longer in use. Should I wait to see if it updates? Also, I am having issues verifying that I am a student. Is it because I use Facebook? Thank you for any help in advance!!

1 Reply

Hey, @eturczi67 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

About your questions, if you create your Spotify account using your Facebook, once you change the email address linked to Facebook, it is reflected on Spotify too, but it can take a while (about 24-72 hours), so I ask you your patience. 

About your second question, the Student verification is made by SheerID. If you use your account using your Facebook or don't, that doesn't matter. Just be sure you can access your email address to get updated from Spotify 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts