Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift card trouble.

Gift card trouble.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Usa

Device

(iPhone 7, HP Laptop)

Operating System

(iOS 10,  Windows 10,)

My Question or Issue

I have a Spotify premium card and there's two letters that could be an O or a zero. I have no clue which of them they are and I've tried all the variations I could think of, and none of them worked. Any tips on how to tell them apart or who to contact? I bought the card from somewhere 2 hours away and I don't know when I can go back to return it. 

9 Replies

Hi @riley4093

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are having issues with redeeming your gift card, please check this support article. Make sure to check there if you're eligible. If so, follow all the steps provided under the Gift card not working? part. 

I hope it helps!

Everything else is right, the code just won't work. I don't know if the characters are supposed to be an O or a zero. 

@Emilia_8

Hi @riley4093

If you tried different variations of the code - changed O to 0 and vice versa, tried the steps provided in the support article and you're still not able to redeem your code, I'd recommend reaching out to customer support. You can find the contact form in the article I linked in my previous response. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

If you contact Spotify, I would love to hear whether they get your card working, and what they do to fix the problem.

I had this problem several months ago. I contacted Spotify on Twitter, which is one of the recommended methods of obtaining support. The customer service was horrible. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences in customer service I have ever had.

I’m not expecting anything back honestly . But I will let you know.

I'm sure you'll get a response. I got a response. I got a lot of responses.

But the process was extremely slow, And it quickly became very clear that they did not know why my gift card was not working, and they did not know how to fix it.

The Spotify reps I dealt with rude, unprofessional, and incompetent. They did not know how to solve the problem, and they refused to even acknowledge that they did not know how to solve the problem.

I just had a different experience. They did ask me to post images of the cards (quick photo on my phone, sent email, copied to their chat) but I can understand why. They credited my account the card amount. Pretty easy, 10 minutes.

I contacted support on the support page using the Contact Us link.

They fixed it in 2 minutes.

Suggested posts