Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linking Hulu Account

Linking Hulu Account

I tried linking my existing Hulu account but it was rejected because I had the ad-free subscription. The message from Spotify said to change my Hulu subscription to the ad-supported (basic) plan in order to link the accounts.

I changed by Hulu subscription to ad-supported (basic) and tried the linking process again, but I still get the same message "Your existing Hulu subscription isn't eligibile for this offer." 

For some reason, the linking process still thinks that my Hulu subscription is No-Ad.

Help please.

Thanks

6 Replies

Hey @lsantoso, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

No worries - I'll be happy to help.

Let's try following these steps:

• make sure you're logged out of Hulu on that device so that you are then prompted to log in when trying to link
  • opening your account overview page in an incognito window/different browser, and also trying it on a different device

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried logging out, clearing my browser cache and a different browser. All still gives me the same message.
Even though I changed my Hulu subscription to ad-supported, it shows that my account is still under premium subscription until the next billing cycle on 5/1. Could that be the reason why?

Hey @lsantoso.

I'm still checking some things on my end.

Since that didn't work. Could you try signing up for a new Hulu account via the Spotify account overview page and see if that works?

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

That will probably work since it’s a new account but I’d rather not create another account.

Hey @lsantoso.

Thanks for the reply! 

Go ahead and try that, and let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey @lsantoso.

It seems that you're on a different Hulu subscription and you will need to cancel your subscription with Hulu first. I'd recommend you to contact the good folks over at Hulu here for more help.

Although, after canceling your subscription with Hulu, you will need to wait for the prepaid time to elapse, and your Hulu account to revert to a free state before signing up for the bundle. This would explain why you're having trouble signing up and seeing that error message at the moment. 

I hope that makes sense, and keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts