Free/Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

So I got a Redeem code from Microsoft Rewards and it just won't work it always says ''sorry, you are not eligible for this subscription'' if I type the code in its just pretty weird.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again @anton070808!

Looks like the link I provided had a typo in it - sorry about that. I've now edited it so feel free to try again - it should now take you to the right place.

In case you're still getting the same error message, could you confirm that you haven't had Premium on your account in the past? If you have, then you won't be able to redeem the code there, as the offer is only available to users who haven't tried Spotify Premium yet. In that case, you can create a new account and redeem it there instead.

Here's how you can save your playlists on your new account, if you're willing to go that route:

1. Log in to the account you currently use on the desktop app, make your playlists public (so they can be accessed from your new account),
  2. Copy their links and save them into a temporary text file (or anywhere for that matter).
  3. Sign out by clicking on your profile in the top right corner > Log out, then log in to your new account.
  4. Use the links from the text file and paste them into the app's Search bar.
  5. Select all songs with Ctrl + A and copy them into a new playlist.

Tip: you can also do that with your Liked Songs.

Once set, you can log back in to your old account and close it so that you have only the new one left. This helps avoid possible confusion in the future.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

(I accidentally posted this two times)

This is a Screenshot of the Error that appeared after I entered the code (It is in german tho)

Translation: Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this subscription. Here are more ways to get yourself Spotify Premium.

Screenshot_20221126_230222.png

Hi @anton070808!

Could you confirm that you've followed these steps:

1. Go to https://spotify.com/ppt/microsoftrewards
  2. Click START FREE TRIAL
  3. Log in or sign up for Spotify
  4. Enter the code given by Microsoft
  5. Click again START FREE TRIAL to redeem your code

It's worth trying to redeem the code in an incognito window to see if that does the trick. If possible, try with another browser or another device.

Note that the offer is only available to users who haven't had Premium in the past. If you've previously had a trial for Spotify, you won't be able to redeem the code on your account.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator

Hello Yordan thanks for replying but the link you gave me isn't working and i have also tried multiple Websites like Google, Edge, Opera GX and Safari which never worked.I Also redeemd the code on the Microsoft Rewards website which then seended me an Email with the code and the link to the website where i tried reedeming it.

Screenshot_20221127_160537.png

Marked as solution

Hi again @anton070808!

Looks like the link I provided had a typo in it - sorry about that. I've now edited it so feel free to try again - it should now take you to the right place.

In case you're still getting the same error message, could you confirm that you haven't had Premium on your account in the past? If you have, then you won't be able to redeem the code there, as the offer is only available to users who haven't tried Spotify Premium yet. In that case, you can create a new account and redeem it there instead.

Here's how you can save your playlists on your new account, if you're willing to go that route:

1. Log in to the account you currently use on the desktop app, make your playlists public (so they can be accessed from your new account),
  2. Copy their links and save them into a temporary text file (or anywhere for that matter).
  3. Sign out by clicking on your profile in the top right corner > Log out, then log in to your new account.
  4. Use the links from the text file and paste them into the app's Search bar.
  5. Select all songs with Ctrl + A and copy them into a new playlist.

Tip: you can also do that with your Liked Songs.

Once set, you can log back in to your old account and close it so that you have only the new one left. This helps avoid possible confusion in the future.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care!

YordanModerator

Hello Jordan thanks for replying i think ive had Premium on the account once so thats probally why it isnt working thanks for you're help.

Whenever I try to redeem my code, it just says "Unfortunately this Premium code does not seem to be valid. Try again or contact customer service." I am not sure what to do.

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out 🙌🏼
Please take a look at the replies from @Yordan 🙂
In case that doesn't help, I'd recommend reaching out to Microsoft Support so that they can try to send you another code or let you know why yours isn't working.

Hoping for the best! We're here for you in case any further questions arise.

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

ghffh

No puedo canjear el Código promocionado por Microsoft para tener Spotify premium 3 meses

man i have been trying but got nothing i checked out all the steps provided from yordan but still error msg i have requested microsoft for a new code but please check weather it is a problem form ur side as well as i have also never had premium on the account

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in this thread!

@Ronald_hyper - Just to confirm, are you receiving the same error message with the new code? As you mention that you haven't tried Premium before, you should be able to redeem the code from Microsoft.

Could you try opening the offer in an incognito window in your browser to see if it makes any difference? If possible, you can try from another device as well.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you send us a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing? Just make sure it doesn't include the code or any other personal info.

Cheers!

MariaModerator

Suggested posts