Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No subscription option without 3 months trial

Solved!

No subscription option without 3 months trial

Hi everybody,

I got my old free account on which I may have tried the premium features a few years ago.

I would like to subscribe to a Family plan as I plan to use Spotify and grant my little sister an access. In the process I finally get to https://www.spotify.com/fr/purchase/products/?country=FR  (but the only option notifies a "3 month free subscription")  and when I'm done the payment step the website tells me that I already benefited from the trial days. 

My Question or Issue :

I can't find a subscription option without the 3 month free trial.

Device/Operating System

Windows 10

Android

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @FamilyGuy111,

Thanks for being here, too! 

Let's try some payment troubleshooting, as given in this article. Let us know which steps you've tried exactly and what happened. 

Thanks for not giving up as well!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Dear Petya,

The card should work, because I used it with Spotify in the past (that's why I couldn't use it again for the Family Premium Plan in the first place).

One of the troubleshooting hints was to try again in a few days.  I again tried the link you sent me two weeks ago, and whaddaya know: it worked this time around!  Thank you very much for your persistence.

I know there are other people facing the same problem that I did, so I hope Spotify will make your link the default for people who have already used a 3-month fee trial and want to sign up for a Family Premium Plan.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hey @L0g0s thanks for reaching out to the community.

Can you try going here to register your account for a premium family plan. Let me knew if thaf link works.

Best, 

Jack 🙂 

Hi @Jack,
I followed your link but it keeps bringing me back on this page : https://www.spotify.com/fr/purchase/offer/new-family-3m/

Thank you for your help 🙂

Hey @L0g0s again,

Can you go ahead and try using incognito mode, and if that fails a different device?

Let me know,

Jack 

Hi again,

I think that it is because I was trying to pay for another account with the same Paypal account. I stopped my other payment but the last mayment was issued on Sep. 19th so I don't know when I could subscribe.

Would be nice to have some information on top of that. Thank for the help by the way 🙂

Hey again

Do you still have premium? 

Same problem.  Used my credit card for a family member's free trial accound in July 2019.  When signing up for a family account now, Spotify says that I can't get a free trial but that I can sign up for a family account.  However, there's no sign-up option for a family account without a free trial.

Hey @FamilyGuy111,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

You should be able to sign up for Premium Family without a trial.

Do you mind opening this page in an incognito window or a different browser to the one you're using and seeing if that works instead?

If not, let us know what's happening on your end (a screenshot often helps) and we'll see what else we can suggest.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Dear Peter,

Thanks for the reply.  I have presumed the address in your link should read "https://www.spotify.com/is/family/.

I opened it in a private page in another browser (Firefox rather than Chrome).  Made no difference, though.  It started out as e Euro page for a three-month family trial.  Upon logging in, it changed back to my local Asian currency, and again only offered the option with a three-month free trial.

I attach snips of the first page I got after sending my credit card details (with the card details deleted, of course) and the page I landed on after clicking on the link that says I can still "get Spotify Premium Family."  As you will see, the only Premium Family option on that second page is one with a three-month free trial. 

Thank you for looking into this.

Spotify 1.JPG
Spotify 2.JPG

Hey there @ 

Try the following:

1. Copy and paste this link in an Incognito Window: https://www.spotify.com/purchase/panel/no-trial
  2. Then click on Change Plan.
  3. Choose GET PREMIUM FAMILY.

Let us know what happens.🙂

PetyaModerator

Dear Petya,

The same thing happened: After clicking "Change Plan," I landed on a page that only offered the option with a 3-month free trial.  After entering my card details, I got the same message as shown above: a page with a red box saying I've used the free trial before but that I can still get Spotify Premium Family.  When I click on the "get Premium Family" link, I again land on a page that only has the 3-month free trial.

Hey again @FamilyGuy111,

Thanks for confirming! 

Do you have the option to try with another payment method? You can check the payment methods available in your country on your account page

After you subscribe successfully, your subscription will change to Premium Family and then you can simply update your payment details, adding your preferred payment method. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!  

PetyaModerator

Dear Petya,

The only other option is PayPal, but I don't have an account with them and don't wish to open one either.

I don't understand why Spotify should make it so hard for people to pay them money, unless they think customers will give up and open individual accounts instead.

Thank you.

Hey there @FamilyGuy111,

Thanks for your replies! 

Let's try with this link. Hopefully this one will do the trick! 

Let us know, thanks in advance!

PetyaModerator

Dear Petya,

The good news is that the link had no 3-month free trial (see attachment). The bad news is that this time my credit card was not accepted.

Spotify 3.JPG

Hi again @FamilyGuy111,

Thanks for keeping us posted! 

Have you tried copying and pasting the link in an Incognito Window? 

It  an also help to try on a desktop device. 

Let us know how that works out! 

PetyaModerator

Dear Petya,

Thank you for not giving up.

I right-clicked the link and selected "Open in incognito window."  For good measure, I also copied and pasted it into a private Firefox window. Both to no avail.

I have been using a desktop all along.

Marked as solution

Hey again @FamilyGuy111,

Thanks for being here, too! 

Let's try some payment troubleshooting, as given in this article. Let us know which steps you've tried exactly and what happened. 

Thanks for not giving up as well!

PetyaModerator

Marked as solution

Dear Petya,

The card should work, because I used it with Spotify in the past (that's why I couldn't use it again for the Family Premium Plan in the first place).

One of the troubleshooting hints was to try again in a few days.  I again tried the link you sent me two weeks ago, and whaddaya know: it worked this time around!  Thank you very much for your persistence.

I know there are other people facing the same problem that I did, so I hope Spotify will make your link the default for people who have already used a 3-month fee trial and want to sign up for a Family Premium Plan.

P.S. There is no "Accept as solution" button in any your posts.  There is also no such option under the "three dots" menu.  I sent you a Like in your post that contained the "winning" link, but I would like other people to be alerted to the solution as well.

Suggested posts