Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment authorisation is not working

Payment authorisation is not working

When I have entered my new card details I get a popup asking me to verify the purchase using my bank's app. Once I do this I get an error message in the same popup box:

It looks like the webpage at <link removed due to security reasons> might be having issues or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

This looks like a problem on your end

6 Replies

Me Too! I think that they don't want VISA cards. PayPal worked as did my MasterCard.

Hey folks!

Thanks for sharing this with the Community.
Something that may help in such situations is opening Spotify in an incognito browser window and trying the card again.

If that does not help and there is an issue with the 3D-verification process, you may want to check with your bank if everything is ok with the cards themselves or if anything may be blocking these transactions on your end.
A different payment method, as @Temeside has suggested, is also something worth trying.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

I have this problem too. In my case it was my new debit card from Nat West which is now a mastercard rather than visa.

My Nat West app says payment is authorised so I'm pretty sure it's something wrong with Spotify's payment page not linking.

Thanks

I'm trying to subscribe for the first time for the three months free trial but every time I try and I enter the payment code sent my bank I get the same error as above. It's a Visa debit card too. It's happened every time I've tried over the past few days. I don't have another card and don't want to use Paypal.

Something needs fixing at Spotify's end so authorisation code's are accepted.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your responses here.

We'd like to ask you if you've tried the suggestions given earlier here by @Vasil? Did you try authorizing your payment details following these steps using also a different browser or private/incognito window of your browser? This often times helps to resolve possible cache-related issues between browsers and servers. Please give it a try and see if it'll make a difference for you.

If that doesn't work, can you let us know if your country of residence matches the country the card is registered in? 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've just tried again with the same card (UK Visa), using exactly the same process as before, and this time it has worked successfully.

Suggested posts