Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

QR Codes for tattoo

QR Codes for tattoo

Hello,

if I make a tattoo with a song QR code, do you think I can play the song with tattoo when I scan?

E.G. in attachment image

Screenshot_1.png
6 Replies

Hi there,

That's a cool idea! Yes, I think that it will be able to be scanned.

Just make sure you hire a good tattoo artist that will tattoo every single detail so it can be scannable.

By the way, are you pretending to get this exact code tattooed? Because it doesn't work apparently...

A proper one looks like this (the Spotify logo is needed, otherwise the code won't be detected).qr code.jpg

After you get the tattoo, please don't forget to share it with us! I'm really excited to see how this is gonna go.

Have a great day! 🙂

Hi Brunelicia,

I have a tattoo studio in my town and they make only audio tattoos.

They have their own special application for their personalized tattoos but I want something that can be scanned by everyone and I choose Spotify.

For me this code works perfectly, I will try with another phone.

Loote - Out of My Head ... Is that your code song ? My code was by Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?

I will have to pass the code through several test thresholds to be sure it works perfectly on any device.

Thank you for your information, Have a wonderful Wednesday 🙂

Hi @acidelicts, Yes. That was my song 🙂

Hey @acidelicts,

I was just looking for more information about the codes to be able to help you better.

You can surely get the tattoo at your own risk, but the codes need the Spotify icon in order to be read by the scanner. (Although I tested with other songs, sometimes it works without the code, but sometimes not, so I don't think the best option is to get it tattooed without because there's no guarantee that it will work).

This FAQ provides more information about Spotify Codes while there are some tips here with Best Practises to get your code working.

Have a nice day 🙂

Te amo desgraça 

Hey folks,

We'd like to add that we can't guarantee that existing codes will work if the linked content gets re-uploaded. Also, some tracks might get removed from the platform depending on the permissions from rights holders, so please consider this before making the decision to use a Spotify code as a permanent tattoo.

We're here for you if you have any questions.

Take care.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts