Premium

Country

Romania

Device

ASUS Laptop & Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro x64 & Android 10

My Question or Issue

I have a physical Revolut card registered on my account. Today I tried to change it since I don't want to use it for online payments anymore, and I want to use a virtual card for these kind of payments. When I tried to change it said "Something went wrong. Try again or get help". I want to know if this is a current issue on Spotify with Revolut cards.

I will let online payments activated on the physical card since it should take the monthly payment in a couple of days. I will update this thread if that payment succeeds.

Also, I want to mention that I tried using an incognito window to made the change without any difference and that the physical card is Mastercard and the virtual one is Visa. I have successfully made the change on the Google and Uber accounts for example.

Thank you in advance,

Adrian

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @AdrianGotca,

thanks for bearing with me !

Spotify only accepts physical cards as they're considered to be a higher security level payment method.

Virtual cards do not have security features such as PIN code or location-based security features, which might be causing an issue with the country setting.

Hope this answers your question 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there @AdrianGotca,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

To update your payment details, or change your payment method:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method. 
    Note: If your plan is associated with a partner, you’ll need to contact them directly to manage your payment.
  3. Enter a new payment method. 

The changes will take effect from your next billing date. 

If you're encountering issues, please also try running this on a different browser of incognito webpage.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I already tried it, and it gives me a error. It says "Something went wrong". I also tried it in an incognito window. If you have any more suggestions I would be happy to try them

Spotify just charged my physical card, so I don't think it is a Revolut problem. It would be either a card problem (Visa vs Mastercard, physical vs virtual card), or a Spotify problem. Hope that someone from Spotify sees that and responds at least with an acknowledgement, if not a solution. 

Hi @AdrianGotca,

thanks for keeping me posted !

I would love to assist as long as it takes till we figure the issue out.

So as far as for now, your credit card was charged and you do not want to use your Revolt card ? a bit confused, update me on your current status.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

I don't want to use my physical revolut card,but a virtual one, also from revolut. The physical one is from mastercard, the virtual one from Visa. Both seem to be issued in US when you're looking at the BIN number

Hi @AdrianGotca,

thanks for your patience !

I would suggest try using a different card, as the payment card needs to be issued in the same country where a user created his Spotify account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

It would probably work, but I am wondering why Spotify allowed me to register my physical card, since it has been issued in the same country as my virtual one, at least that os what the BIN says, that for both cards, these were issued in the US. Also I would very much like to keep the payment process in Revolut, it is where I keep all my online purchases

Thank you,

Adrian

Marked as solution

Hi @AdrianGotca,

thanks for bearing with me !

Spotify only accepts physical cards as they're considered to be a higher security level payment method.

Virtual cards do not have security features such as PIN code or location-based security features, which might be causing an issue with the country setting.

Hope this answers your question 🙂

Ok, not really what I wanted, but still. Also, fyi, you don't need the pin code to make online purchases such as a Spotify subscription. All you need is the card number, expiration date and cvv, things that the revolut virtual card also has. Indeed, they probably don't have location based security.

Thank you anyway.

Suggested posts