Revolut payment

Solved!

Re: Revolut payment

Piotrekx007

You have to change country to Great Britain as Revoult is registered there. Not sure but then you will pay in Pounds what is not good. For Poland 20PLN vs 10£ (~47PLN). It's better to pay in your local currency.

Re: Revolut payment - Status changed to: Need more info

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey folks!

Us again, we've moved this to the help board after speaking to the right team. 

When subscribing to Spotify you have to use a method of payment from the same country. At this time, Revolut cards are registered in the UK. This means you'll only be able to use the cards if you live in the UK.

If anything changes we'll let you know.

Thanks,

/T

Antitribu
Casual Listener

User in Ireland in the same boat, using payment issuer to verify location is fundamentally flawed and easy enough to fake. You’re forcing people to fake their location, not prove it.

Mrc527

Hello guys,

cmon, it's not that complex. Please allow us to pay with this wonderfoul card! That's the only service which is still on my old bank card.

Help us moving into 2018!

PippeR678
Casual Listener

Dude

Your (Spotify's) approach is seriously flawed! When receiving payment for a service why are you not more interessted in which person is paying the bill instead of which friggin' bank is handling the credit card?!

Seriously, you're the only service I know of that this doesn't work and you can't even grasp it or actually prefer to ignore the fact! This makes me consider another music streaming service...

And waht's the sense of the subject status change anyway, you're not asking for more info, but rather telling you don't care!

quiced

Can't belive that spotify still doesn't solve this issue!!! It is 2018 I wanna pay by revolut.

Romain10
Casual Listener

Hello Spotify.

dont you think that the country card  restriction is illegal when you read the European Union laws?

I mean there is this big title « Free movement of capital », it must mean something.

UK is still in EU, for few months. So we should be allowed to pay with Revolut.

Shaggydoag

So I guess that since Spotify doesn't want our money, we won't give it to it... Solved

Highlighted

pdonchev
Casual Listener

2c more - after 2019 enters it would be illegal to offer different products and services online based on customer location as long as it is within EU. I don't know if this affects Spotify, but it sounds like it does (though the catalogue may differ until euro government remove junk from the copyright directive and pass it through).

Anyway, I have been using Google Play Music for several months already, the difference is not substantial. I may return to Spotify if they start looking at the billing address on the card and not the issuer country.

mczaplicki

Hello, I cannot also pay by revolut from Poland. Please allow to pay via this virtual card. Every different services accept this payment method without any problems.

SUGGESTED POSTS