Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium Duo subscription

Solved!

Spotify Premium Duo subscription

Hi there,

I couldn't really find any information on the below in the FAQs : when subscribing to Premium Duo, if both parts each have a Spotify Premium plan already, does the one that joins the new plan lose all his saved music / podcasts / etc. ? Are there any specific steps to follow to prevent such thing to happen ?

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Nemii,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same accounts.

One person can start a Premium Duo plan here (as the plan manager), and then invite the other member to the new Premium Duo plan by following the steps provided here.

Bear in mind that if either of you already have Premium with a partner (e.g. your phone or internet provider), you’ll first need to cancel with them and wait for your current Premium to end before being able to start or join a Premium Duo subscription.

Also note that to accept the invite to Premium Duo, the other member must reside at the same address as the plan manager; and members can only switch between Premium Duo (or Premium Family) plans once a year.

You can also read more about how Premium Duo works in this support article as well as in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @Nemii,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same accounts.

One person can start a Premium Duo plan here (as the plan manager), and then invite the other member to the new Premium Duo plan by following the steps provided here.

Bear in mind that if either of you already have Premium with a partner (e.g. your phone or internet provider), you’ll first need to cancel with them and wait for your current Premium to end before being able to start or join a Premium Duo subscription.

Also note that to accept the invite to Premium Duo, the other member must reside at the same address as the plan manager; and members can only switch between Premium Duo (or Premium Family) plans once a year.

You can also read more about how Premium Duo works in this support article as well as in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts