Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium WITHOUT auto-renewal?

Solved!

Spotify Premium WITHOUT auto-renewal?

Having reached a time of life when I could keel over dead at any moment, I'm canceling any and all auto-renewal subscriptions as a courtesy to my survivors, who will appreciate having fewer chores to deal with after I've vamoosed.

With that in mind, does Spotify offer an alternative to the monthly automatic renewal of Premium subscriptions?

Many sites offer an auto-renewal plan as a convenience to their members. But they also provide an option to buy a subscription with a clear beginning and end. I'd happily purchase a year's subscription to Premium Spotify if I knew that at the end of that year there would be no further charges to my credit card.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @BrooksNYC ! 🙂

If you have a credit card on file, it will continue to auto-renew until the subscription is cancelled. You can try to use the gift card or pre-paid card option instead (load a pre-paid balance onto your account for however long you would like the subscription). Once the balance is used, the account would revert to free if no other form of payment was added and you had removed your previous CC information.

There is also additional info here for gift cards you may find useful as well as accepted payment types.

I hope this was helpful and that you have a beautiful day! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @BrooksNYC ! 🙂

If you have a credit card on file, it will continue to auto-renew until the subscription is cancelled. You can try to use the gift card or pre-paid card option instead (load a pre-paid balance onto your account for however long you would like the subscription). Once the balance is used, the account would revert to free if no other form of payment was added and you had removed your previous CC information.

There is also additional info here for gift cards you may find useful as well as accepted payment types.

I hope this was helpful and that you have a beautiful day! 🙂

Bethany, that was really helpful, and much appreciated. Thanks so much for taking the time to chime in!

Hat tip

Brooks

You're very welcome, Brooks! I'm happy that it was useful and please feel free to reach out again if you need any more assistance.
Enjoy your day and music! 🙂

Suggested posts