Premium

Country

UK

Device

S9+

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Is there a way to listen to subscription podcasts. I recently subscribed to a paid podcast which supplied a link to cut and paste into a pod cast player. I use Spotify for all my content and if i have to use another media player then i will simply unsubscibe from the podcast.

thanks

3 Replies

Hi there @Maax555,

thanks for posting !

Spotify has a Podcast section where and sort of user can have his content checked and uploaded to the app.

From my knowledge, there's no way to add a Podcast through an external link.

However, if you hold a pysichal copy of the Podcast on your device you can try and use the "Local Files" featuer to add it - you can read more about it here.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

I need this, now I must get a different podcast app.

Hey there @drhbigdave,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Currently there is no way to play subscription podcasts using Spotify. You can play only podcasts which are available for streaming in your region, or as @OneByBoo, suggested - add the tracks as local files if you have them downloaded.

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts