Switching from Student Premium and regular Premium to Family Premium

Plan

Student Premium

Country

US

Device

iphone 11 Pro

My Question or Issue

Hi! I have a Student Premium account and my brother has a regular premium account! I want to switch to a Family Premium account and was wondering the best way to do that! Do I invite him to the Family Spotify after I upgrade? Does he have to cancel his account before I invite him? and how does the billing work? Would we not be billed for the upgrade until after the current billing cycle is over for our respective accounts?

Thank you in advance 🙂 

1 Reply

Hey @hboom22, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Great questions.

If you'd like to have a family plan with your brother, you can change your plan here. Keep in mind that you'll lose access to Hulu and SHOWTIME when you change your plan.

After you change your plan to Premium Family, you can invite your brother (and up to 4 other members) following these steps > Invite or remove members section.

He doesn't need to cancel his Premium subscription because once he gets the invite and accepts it, all billing switches to you ($14.99/mo).

Before you change your plan to Premium Family, there should be a notice of when you'll be charged for the Premium Family plan.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂  

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts