Free/Premium (Student)

Country

Poland

Device

Iphone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

So my Spotify membership just ended (through my telephone company) and I have been trying to get a new membership the whole day today. I'm a student, so I got the student discount (got verified the same day), but every time I try to pay for the membership I get an error. 

First I tried to pay with a Norwegian visa, didn't work (fair enough), then I tried paying with three different Visa cards (Polish this time) and none of them are working; I get a notification that "something went wrong, try again later". I have tried everything, but nothing is working. I even tried paying with a MasterCard, and again I get a notification "something went wrong, try again", but it doesn't work...

Can somebody plz help me out? I'm seriously struggling and I need my Spotify premium asap :(((

5 Replies

Hi there @Wiktoriaas,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue, no worries, we're here to help.

Can you please try the steps provided on this help page ?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I have tried everything from the link, but nothing is working...

I also tried another card, and I get "The payment wasn't able to go through, try again or use a different method of payment"

Hi @Wiktoriaas,

thanks for the quick reply !

Can you please check out your account status over at Spotify.com ?

Thanks 🙂

I just checked it.
I have spotify free and got a students discount, but nothing else is stated

Hi @Wiktoriaas,

thanks for reaching out !

If you currently have 1 account listed with your details it can either be Free or Premium for Students.

If you account states you use the Free version, i would suggest going through the steps provided here once again.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Suggested posts