Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to sign up to premium after moving countries

Unable to sign up to premium after moving countries

I recently moved from the UK to the US. I read through the help articles and saw the best way was to downgrade my account to free, switch country and then sign up again. 

Now my country in my profile says USA, when I try to purchase premium I get "Something went wrong. Please try again, or go to our support." 

I have tried in incognito. I switched countries yesterday in Spotify via the website. 

5 Replies

Hey there @stereo1,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No worries. Help is on the way.

We'd suggest for you to try on a different device. It's important that you also try with a payment method, that matches the country. For example, it's not possible to pay with a credit card, issued in the Uk, if you live in the US.

If this didn't work, send us a screenshot of the error message. We'll investigate further.

Take care! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I also tried on a different device. The payment is with a US card. I also checked with the bank and they cannot see anything come through on their end. 

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 09.08.40.png

Hey there again @stereo1,

Thanks for the screenshot.

In this case we'd suggest for you to click here and contact our support page. The folks there can look into this further.

If you have questions, we're here for you.

Have a nice day! 

Hello, I am from Russia and I have the same problem, only with a trial subscription. Maybe I have this problem because of the influx of users and now problems with the servers?

Hey there @mikhail3,

Thanks for reaching out here. We'll be happy to help you get your Premium plan stated.

Can you confirm that you tried entering your payment details in an incognito browser? In most cases this resolves the issue. Consider also the points that @Petya made.

Keep in mind that it's not possible to sign up for a trial if you have used Premium in the past.

If you could send some screenshots of the error messages you receive, it'd help us investigate this further.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if you need more help with this.

Have a great day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts