Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

accidentally activated Premium Duo

accidentally activated Premium Duo

I accidently changed to Premium Duo, but not linked two accounts. I want to avoid that I get charged for this at the end of the month. Can this be ensured?

8 Replies

Hey there @Bob_Margi!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

You can take a look at this page to see how to check the status of your subscription. This way you can be sure that you're on the correct plan.

You should be able to switch back to Premium Individual and you won't be charged for the Duo plan.

Keep us posted on how it goes. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi 

It indicates I am currently DUO Premium and that I will switch at the end of the month.  I think this way I will get charged for the duo account? 

Thanks for getting back to us @Bob_Margi!

When open your account page and scroll down to Your plan you should be able to click Change plan.

On that page you can see your Current plan highlighted and change it to a different one. Could you take a look there and just let us know if you're not able to change?

Feel free to send us a screenshot of what you see, if you're unsure. Just remove any personal info, like the last 4 digits on your card, etc.

We'll be here if you need us.

ElenaModerator

Hi

I am not sure we have the same view... I currently have the DUO account (by accident) and did not link any second account to it. I already indicated that I want to switch back to my Premium account, but the system indicates that this can only happen at the end of this month? I assume I will hence get invoiced the DUO account amount, which I don't want to. It should be changed to PREMIUM immediately, like it did when I selected DUO, but the system does not allow so. See attached the screenshot.

Got it @Bob_Margi!

The switch back to Premium Individual from Duo or from the Family plan is not immediate and you'd have to wait for your next payment date for the changes to take place.

Don't worry, if you have changed back to Premium Individual, you will be charged for that subscription.

Hope this info helps. Have a lovely day!

ElenaModerator

I accidentally got switched to duo when updating my payment methods too. Managed to switch it back to premium, but will apparently have to pay for the duo for a month and apparently there is no cooling off period. How the app processed my change of payment methods was so that changing to duo plan was very likely to happen by accident, and came across malicious or made so on purpose.

I agree! Same thing happened to me. I want my money back. I don't want to wait till this plan ends.

Hey @Osereme,

Thanks for your reply.

When you have inconveniences with your subscription payment, it's best to update it from your account page, so you can avoid subscribing to the wrong plan.

No worries, if you accidentally subscribe to a different plan, you'll have to cancel it, so you won't receive any future charges for that plan. Then, you can resubscribe to the right one by following these steps:

1. Go to this link.
  2. Choose the plan you had.
  3. Put your payment information on again.

That way, on your next billing date, your plan is gonna change, and you'll be charged accordingly. 

On another note, if you think you're eligible for a refund, the best way to go is to contact our Customer Support team, so they can help you with it. You can find out how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts