Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

ıphone 6s

Operating System

ios 13.4

My Question or Issue

Hi ! I have an premium student account . Although my payment is a 8.99 Turkish liras, in the last 3 payments it is coming 9.16 , 9.30 and 9.42. When ı have called the bank that related with the acount payment , they said that this is not in our responsibility , please get in contact with spotify officials because payment is on foreign currency and it is seem like ı pay from Stockholm. How can ı prevent that ??

7 Replies

Hey there @jokeyful

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We charge each Premium plan once per month. If a charge doesn’t look right, check its status on your statement.

You can also check your Spotify receipts here in order to keep track of your payments.

We suggest you check out this help page to find out what exactly happened in this case. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

@Ivan First of all , thanks for reply. Receipts and charge totally seems true but I am paying a little bit different that what ı have to pay to the receipts. Like ı said, on the receipts ı have to pay 8,99 Turkish liras. Bank official say that '' The spotify payment is taken on foreign currency from your bank account. '' I can't find a beneficial info in the website about case that you suggest. I will consider for cancel the spotify account if any solution can't found. 

Hope you'll help

Hey there @jokeyful

Thanks for getting back to us.

Do you mind sending us a screenshot showing the unexpected transactions as they appear to you? Just attach the image to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

bank payment documentbank payment documentbills in the spotifybills in the spotify

The spotify bills are not same with payment. I'm always paying 20,30,40 kurus more.

Will you help ?? @Ivan

Hey @jokeyful

Thanks for sending us the screenshots.

It looks like you've paid an international fee which wasn't charged by us, but by your bank. The bank adds a foreign transaction fee as our acquiring bank is located abroad. If this is the first time you've paid such a fee we'd recommend contacting your bank to find out more. 

If you check your bank statement you'll notice that Spotify charges you only 8.99 TRY per month. The foreign transaction fee is listed separately as it's something related to your bank. Many banks require such a charge for purchases made with overseas vendors. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I deal with the problem. Thx for your attention. :))

Suggested posts