Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A user / bot keeps adding multiple songs on my collaborative playlist or deletes all my songs

A user / bot keeps adding multiple songs on my collaborative playlist or deletes all my songs

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

My Question or Issue

So this bot user (I can give you the username on DM) keeps adding multiple songs on my collaborative playlist or deletes all the songs me and my 460 subscribers add every day.

Is there a way to ban / disable a user?

If not can this be introduced please?

It's so disheartening to see an abused playlist or an empty one after hours have been poured into it by multiple people.

8 Replies

Hey @9397397,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Currently there isn't a way to restrict editing permissions only for selected users for a collaborative playlist. Currently every user with a link to such a playlist can edit it.

It seems however that other users also requested this to be changed and posted this idea. We recommend that you +VOTE it to show your support. We'll share any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any, so it's worthwhile that you also subscribe.

Hope this helps. The Community is one reply away if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is we can't restrict specific users, is there a way to make a collaborative playlist "by invite only?"

Or make a private playlist but also have it be collaborative?

Hi there @jomarak,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

At the moment it's not possible so we suggest that you head over to the idea that's been mentioned above by @Mihail and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 😉

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same problem. Bots keep adding songs to my collaborative playlists (with very few followers). At this moment, there are even some songs I can't delete. When I do so, they are automatically added again a few seconds later. I keep blocking all these users, but new bots keep coming back, pushing the same songs over and over again. It's very frustrating.

Maybe it's possible to have users asking permission to list owners for following or adding to playlists. 

Hey @1115998098,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community!

We have some cool news to share with you and the rest of the folks here, who are interested in this topic. A highly-demanded change to the privacy of Collaborative playlists has been recently made, where now the playlist's owner can make a list private or public, as well as to grant or remove permissions to invited collaborators. We can confirm that the implementation will be rolled out to everyone in the upcoming weeks, so keep your app updated and be patient if you're still not seeing the features yet.

And to see how to take advantage of this feature change and to set up the collaborators' permission settings of your new or old Collaborative playlists, please read on in the support article here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

Is there a way to make a collaborative playlist no longer collaborative anymore?

I made my playlist collaborative by accident (and don't want to make it private), but don't want people editing it and removing songs. I just want it to be a normal playlist, again.

Is there a way to simply turn it back to a normal (non collaborative) playlist without having to create a new one?

Would really like assistance

How do you turn a collaborative playlist back into a normal playlist?

Thank you

Hey @Alex2710,

You can remove Collaborators as shown in the article linked by @Kiril 🙂

You can either change their permissions or remove them from the playlist altogether!

Cheers!

VasilModerator

Suggested posts