Here's a problem I discovered with Spotify's search function, relative to ALBUMS, and am wondering if anyone else has come across this as well. I'll give a real life example prefaced by the following: I save a lot of albums.
* Suppose I click on ALBUMS in the lefthand field of the Spotify (desktop) app.
* I have "Artist" selected in the "Sorted By" dropdown menu.
* But then I want to filter, so in the search/filter field, I type in Bobby because I want to filter albums by Bobby Hutcherson, an artist of which I definitely have saved multiple albums. NOTHING comes up on that front. The only result that comes up is a saved album I have by Bobby Keys. And I KNOW I've saved multiple albums by the artist Bobby Hutcherson.
* The ONLY way I can see my saved albums by that artist is if I NOT filter and instead just scroll through my albums sorted by Artist. THEN I'll see my saved Bobby Hutcherson albums, but not if I just want to quickly filter by "Bobby."
* If I just type in Hutcherson, still no result. But oddly enough, a bunch of other saved albums I have will come up that have nothing to do with that artist or even featured musician, period.
Obviously, this is a problem Spotify should fix. Not a huge deal, but annoying. What's the point of the the filter search field if it isn't consistent in saved album results.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for your updates and collaboration.
As a heads-up, you can always submit an idea suggesting that it'd be great if Spotify implemented a feature to custom-organize one's Liked albums. To do so:
It's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.
You can also check this Spotify Answer to get to know more about how your feedback will reach Spotify through the Idea submission process 🙂
Hope you'll find this info useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything we can help with!