Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ALBUMS: saved albums/sorted by artist/filter field

Solved!

ALBUMS: saved albums/sorted by artist/filter field

Here's a problem I discovered with Spotify's search function, relative to ALBUMS, and am wondering if anyone else has come across this as well.  I'll give a real life example prefaced by the following:  I save a lot of albums.

* Suppose I click on ALBUMS in the lefthand field of the Spotify (desktop) app.

* I have "Artist" selected in the "Sorted By" dropdown menu.

* But then I want to filter, so in the search/filter field, I type in Bobby because I want to filter albums by Bobby Hutcherson, an artist of which I definitely have saved multiple albums.  NOTHING comes up on that front.  The only result that comes up is a saved album I have by Bobby Keys.  And I KNOW I've saved multiple albums by the artist Bobby Hutcherson.

* The ONLY way I can see my saved albums by that artist is if I NOT filter and instead just scroll through my albums sorted by Artist.  THEN I'll see my saved Bobby Hutcherson albums, but not if I just want to quickly filter by "Bobby."

* If I just type in Hutcherson, still no result.  But oddly enough, a bunch of other saved albums I have will come up that have nothing to do with that artist or even featured musician, period.

Obviously, this is a problem Spotify should fix.  Not a huge deal, but annoying.  What's the point of the the filter search field if it isn't consistent in saved album results.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SpotifyGerg,

Thanks for your updates and collaboration.

As a heads-up, you can always submit an idea suggesting that it'd be great if Spotify implemented a feature to custom-organize one's Liked albums. To do so:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on “Let’s go

It's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

You can also check this Spotify Answer to get to know more about how your feedback will reach Spotify through the Idea submission process 🙂

Hope you'll find this info useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

In Albums section you can find/filter albums by the album name only. It's dumb but that's the way it is.

Thank you for the reply.  That is ridiculous.....  It almost makes the function beside the point.  However, from my own experience, I actually can search albums by artist, but the results are inconsistent with showing in full, completely, what albums I've saved by a given artist.  Real life example:  Dexter Gordon.  If I type in Dexter, it'll pull up some albums I've saved but not others.  If I type in Dexter Gordon in full, it'll pull up a few other albums I've saved, but not all albums I've saved by that artist in full.  

So, the bottom line is Spotify's search field function is inconsistent with the results it pulls up.

Hey @SpotifyGerg,

We actually created an Ongoing Issue about something like what you described.

You can check it here and click +VOTE if you feel like it represents what you've experienced.

It'd be great if you followed the steps in the Status Update and let us know the required info.

We'll keep looking into it and keep you posted as soon as possible 🙂

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here for anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Mario Moderator

Thanks, Mario.  I'll indeed check out the link you shared and address the "vote" function you cited.   One thing I'd like to see that probably never will happen:  The ability to custom organize one's saved albums.  Wouldn't that be nice....  Thanks again for your helpful reply.

Marked as solution

Hey @SpotifyGerg,

Thanks for your updates and collaboration.

As a heads-up, you can always submit an idea suggesting that it'd be great if Spotify implemented a feature to custom-organize one's Liked albums. To do so:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on “Let’s go

It's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

You can also check this Spotify Answer to get to know more about how your feedback will reach Spotify through the Idea submission process 🙂

Hope you'll find this info useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts