Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Advanced search in My Library (Mobile / iOS)

Solved!

Advanced search in My Library (Mobile / iOS)

I would like to search my library in the same way as the entire catalogue using extended search tags such as year: etc.

Use case:

I'm regularly adding new released albums to my library.

Now I would like to play

a) all songs from albums released in 2021, which I'v liked / added to my library.
b) all songs from one artist released between 2010 and 2020, which I'v liked / added to my library (maybe I do not like on live album of the artist, thus it should be excluded).

So far I can only do this search across the entire calaogue. For search a) this gives me a random number of tracks, for search b) it would include results I don't want to listen to.

Suggestion: Implement a search tag or filter "library" to specify where to apply an extended search statement. As an alternative please add all search parameters (such as lable, genre, year...) to the filter list on top of the my library view.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @srmurphy1978,

Thank you for your reply.

Since ideas can have only one change request per submission, then we suggest you submit a new idea highlighting that it is different because of the platform where you'd like to see it implemented.

In the post shared by @CarlosE you can find the links and steps to submit it again.

We'll be on the lookout!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @srmurphy1978,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

That sounds similar to this idea - feel free to add your vote to it. Even though its status is set as Closed - Not Enough Votes, users can still vote for it and it'll be considered once it reaches the required number of votes.

If you think your suggestion should be considered as separate, you can submit it to the Ideas board highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article. 

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I would suggest to merge both ideas as mine is focusing on mobile while the one you were referencing to is for PC. Could this be done to get all the input from both requests into one idea?

Marked as solution

Hi @srmurphy1978,

Thank you for your reply.

Since ideas can have only one change request per submission, then we suggest you submit a new idea highlighting that it is different because of the platform where you'd like to see it implemented.

In the post shared by @CarlosE you can find the links and steps to submit it again.

We'll be on the lookout!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts