Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alphabetical List

Alphabetical List

I've been a premium subscriber for 7 years; that's quite a lot of money that I have sent in the direction of your company, and for the bulk of that time I have been very happy with the service, however...

The most recent update is nonsensical.  The removal of the alphabetical scroll of songs I've liked is, frankly, lunacy.  It's my music LIBRARY.  What kind of library is not alphabetically sorted?!  Has there ever been one in history?  Civilization has been using that method for millenia for a reason.

Before you protest your "reintroduction...", let me stop you.  You haven't.  I don't want to follow artists to have an alphabetical scroll.  A prime example of why not would be LaRoux.  It's fair to say that her music is not the kind of thing I would ordinarily listen to, but two of her tracks have been subject to a cracking pair of remixes.  Do I want to follow LaRoux and have her back catalogue at my fingertips?  No.  No I do not.  Do I want to be able to listen to those two remixes, those individual tracks, when the mood takes me?  Yes, because that's what I'm paying my money for.

Here's the thing; I'm not a man that normally complains, but with this, I'm paying you £15pm as I've got a family plan and your latest update has done nothing but reduce the quality of my experience with your product.  You have actively made the product worse, and from what I can glean from both my friends and your community, this is a view resoundingly shared.

I'm not going to threaten you with talk of cancelling, I would just like to point out that from the user's end, your changes are ludicrous and counter-intuitive, and that is poor from a business perspective.  They say the customer is always right, well, seems like one heck of a lot of your customers are making the same point; maybe listen and roll a few things back?  I'm sure your developers worked very hard on this update, but sometimes mistakes happen.  Their egos may be bruised to accept such changes, but what is more important, your developers' self-esteem or your customers' satisfaction with your product?

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Alphabetical list.

12 Replies

I do agree with the nonsencial part, WHY DID YOU REMOVE ALPHABETICAL SORTING SPOTIFY?!?! WHAT WOULD IT IMPROVE? Plus (being a free user) the ads a re too pressuring to get you to give money. Honestly, why would I pay someone who anoys me and creates AN ENTIRE SECTION OF THE FREE APP DEDICATED TO BUYING PRENIUM? JUST WHY?

A usless rant by a User

I have been trying to find how to sort my songs alphabetically for a very long time. I'm sure that i once did have my songs in my playlist in alphabetical order. Are you guys saying that spotify has now changed this? Please tell me this is a joke and has not happened. Thanks.

I am trying to sort my spotify playlist alphabetically i.e. the tracks in alphabetical order.

When i tap on my playlist from the homepage there is no option to sort the tracks only an option to sort the playlists alphabetically. Seeing as i only have one thats a mute point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey @1141924736,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

It's possible to sort the songs in your playlists alphabetically on both Desktop App & Mobile App. We'd recommend taking a look at this support article for more info on how to do it. 

As a heads up, if you'd like to order your songs alphabetically - click on Title option. 

Find below screenshot for visibility for our Desktop App.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

My app doesn't have those options.

Hi @1141924736 

Thanks for the info. What do you see exactly on your end? Send us some screenshots please.

Thanks in advance.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Screenshots1-3

Screenshot_20230213-154710_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230213-154725_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230213-154735_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot 4-6

Screenshot_20230213-154753_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230213-154800_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230213-154818_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot 7-9

< moderator edit>

Screenshot_20230213-155005_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230213-155020_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot 10-12

Screenshot_20230213-155114_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230213-155140_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230213-155040_Spotify.jpg

That's all the options I have screenshotted. What I would like is when I go into edit playlist is to have the playlist in alphabetical order so I can edit(find and delete) quickly and easily. As things are I have to scroll through over 600 songs which I never end up being able to do. Thanks if you can help.

Hi @1141924736 

Thanks for the screenshots. On the newest layout to sort a playlist, pull down to reveal the search bar at the top. Next to it is the option to "Filter". Choosing "Title" will sort the items alphabetically. You can do this on the Liked Songs too. More info in the article posted by @Lyubka Try that and let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts