Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists tab in Library empty! Please fix this!

Artists tab in Library empty! Please fix this!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop, Samsung Galaxy Note

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

This has been frustrating me for months, but I figured I was doing something wrong. Now, I've finally gotten around to dealing with it and there seems to be no fix for the problem. I click on "Artists" in my Library and there are NO artists there. I want to be able to listen only to my saved songs by a particular artist and I do not want to have to "follow" any artists. When I click on "Artists" I want to see ALL my artists associated with ALL my saved songs, albums, and playlists. I would like them to be alphabetized for easy navigation, or at least have that available as an option. Please let me know the status of this issue. It appears that it has been a problem for many months. Thank you!

4 Replies

Hey there @HB111,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We're aware of this issue and the right team is on it. It'd be very helpful if you add your +VОТЕ to this Ongoing Issue thread and provide us with the requested info. This will help our team take care of this quicker, so that we can all enjoy our music. 

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have an awesome day! 

The "ongoing issue" that you suggested I vote on does not appear to be the same issue! That thread has to do with "followed artists" whereas my issue is about no artists and the preference to not "follow" artists. Please just take a few seconds and carefully read what I posted:

"I click on "Artists" in my Library and there are NO artists there. I want to be able to listen only to my saved songs by a particular artist and I do not want to have to "follow" any artists. When I click on "Artists" I want to see ALL my artists associated with ALL my saved songs, albums, and playlists. I would like them to be alphabetized for easy navigation, or at least have that available as an option."

Hey there @HB111,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the clarification.

The Artists section shows only the artists you've followed. If you want to sort your songs by Artists you can do so within a playlist. Have a look at this article for more info on how to sort and filter your tracks.

Another workaround would be to create a playlist with all your favorite tracks or albums from a certain artist and then use the playlist features. 

If you think that other users might also like your idea to have the Artists tab display content from artists you don't follow, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. Worth knowing is that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.  

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have a great day!  

Ivan, You are really suggesting that I spend dozens of hours making individual playlists for hundreds of artists? An Artists tab is provided! Just put my artists there! wth? This is truly asinine. Why offer an artists tab in the Library for it to remain empty?!
And the voting system, I believe, is flawed. If one researches this issue, several others have brought up this same issue over the last several months, only to have it falsely categorized as "implemented," when it has NOT been implemented. Many of those people seem to have left Spotify over this.
Also, the concept of voting when it comes to complaints, itself is flawed. In business it is known that only 4% of unhappy customers complain and ALL unhappy customers tell 15 or more people of their bad experience! What does this mean when it comes to Spotify's voting system? Well, if there are 5 votes to fix or change something and that represents only 4% of the people who are similarly unhappy about the issue, those 5 votes represent 125 votes! And, those 125 people spread their negative experience with 1875 people. Therefore, my one voice is really 25 voices/votes!

THERE IS AN ARTISTS TAB. PLEASE PUT MY ARTISTS THERE! I hope you were able to muster the effort to actually read this and will now take appropriate action to get this resolved. Thank you

Suggested posts