Autoplay Overstep

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

iPhone X 

My Question or Issue

So, at night, to help me sleep, I listen to sleep meditation music. Songs that are hours-long and on “albums” individually, so when they finish, the room is silent. 

But apparently now you’ve added a feature that plays more random songs after an album finishes, so the last few nights I’ve woken up after the songs finish by either obnoxious loud rain static or creepy chanting. 

I like the feature for regular albums and playlists, but not for my sleep music. Is there some solution to this I’m not thinking of? 

Help! 

- Sleepless In Wisconsin 

3 Replies

Hi there @Neoqlassical

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

You can disable the Autoplay feature following the steps you'll find here.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Not so much another question, but a suggestion... because turning off autoplay every single night will get old fast, and I know I’m not the only one who uses Spotify to fall asleep. 
Consider a feature that allows you to make a bedtime playlist that won’t autoplay suggestions afterwards? Or similar? 

It bugs me a little because YouTube recently started putting loud ads at the end of all their videos, which disturbed the people who used to use their service for the same purpose. 

People who have a hard time sleeping keep getting shafted, and we’re too tired and irritable to come up with our own solutions. 

Anyhow, thank you for listening! 

Hey there @Neoqlassical,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts