Can't Remove Podcast

Solved!

Can't Remove Podcast

Device

iPhone 13 mini

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

There's a podcast I want to remove from my library but Spotify can't find the page so I can't remove it.

spotify.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JiroOozaru,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row to your Spotify account on the affected devices. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general.

If the above doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest a clean reinstall of the app on the devices on which you noticed such behavior. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can follow the steps in this article to do it. Give it a try, and let us know how it goes.

If the above doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the affected devices along, with the Spotify version you're running there?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @JiroOozaru,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row to your Spotify account on the affected devices. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general.

If the above doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest a clean reinstall of the app on the devices on which you noticed such behavior. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can follow the steps in this article to do it. Give it a try, and let us know how it goes.

If the above doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the affected devices along, with the Spotify version you're running there?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Plan

Premium

USA

Device

iPhone SE 2020

Operating System

iOS 16.4.1

My Question or Issue

I have a bunch of podcast episodes that I downloaded but were pulled off of Spotify before I listened to them. When I go to Your Library -> Downloaded I see a playlist of Your Episodes that shows 41 downloaded episodes, but when I open the playlist it's empty. When I search the podcast I see that it's no longer on Spotify. So it seems as though I still have these 41 episodes saved to my phone, but because they're not listed on Spotify any more I can't play or delete them. Is there a way to remove these inaccessible episodes from my phone?

Hey @WallCrawlinHero,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post, as it fits better here.

That being said, would you mind trying some of the troubleshooting we've suggested above? You can start by logging out and back in twice in a row to force a sync of your account in general terms.

If the above doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on your iPhone to see if you notice any difference after that.

If this behavior persists, please share with us the exact Spotify version you're running on your device.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Thank you for redirecting me. I didn't see this post when I did my initial search, but this solved the problem for me.

Plan: Premium/U.S.

Device: All

My Question or Issue:

If I'm subscribed to a podcast, and the podcast owner decides to end the show and delete it, the podcast still keeps a tile in my "Podcasts & Shows" library. Clicking the old show just goes to a spinning wheel of death that eventually loads a "Couldn't find that page" generic error message. There are no right-click features.

This has been happening for years now, so it'd be great to have a solution.

Examples:

momotaru_0-1685805799471.png

momotaru_1-1685805824264.png

momotaru_2-1685805839868.png

I have the same problem but i dont know hot to fix that bug

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Samsung

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello. A few days ago a podcast that I was following has been deleted or ban I think ? Since then I can't play it or delete it from my library. It's really annoying seeing it every time since I can't play it or anything. Anyway I hope the issue can be resolved or deleted from my account.

Screenshot_20230605_140516_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230605_140527_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Luna_29!

Have you tried unfollowing it from another device? If possible, try using the desktop app or the Web Player instead.

If that doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend reaching out to the folks over at Customer Support so they can investigate further.

Hope you get this sorted out. The Community is always here if something else comes up in the meantime.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey!

Nothing from the above works. 
I have a show pinned on my pinned podcasts that isn't responding and "Couldn't find that page". 
It's happening on all my devices: Android, Windows and web player. 
Right-click doesn't work on the Windows App or Web Player nor on the Android App

Spotify.jpg

I have the same issue on both my iPhone 14 pro and M1 MacBook air (including web player). 

I tried reinstalling the app on both devices, but it only works on my iPhone. 

For anyone who is still having this problem:

- Go to the web browser version of the spotify client (https://open.spotify.com/)

- Click on the de-listed podcasts in the left sidebar (They'll just be called "podcast" if your experience is like mine)

- Then just hit the delete key on your keyboard to remove them from your library (Which will sync to your other clients as well)

Far as I can tell there is still no way to accomplish this in the desktop or mobile sportify clients; a de-listed podcast in those clients doesn't let you navigate to a page that would have an unfollow action, and the delete key isn't mapped as a shortcut in those clients like it is in the web browser. And I can tell you 6 months wasn't enough time for them to go away on their own.

Hope this helps someone.

this should ABSOLUTELY be higher, and this also works on the desktop app on macOS, using the backspace ( = delete previous character key)

thank you my friend, I don't know why I haven't thought of such a simple solution

In case it helps, I found found that you can "crowd out" unwanted shows from your favorites list, which seems to max out at 10. Just start listening to a bunch of other programs, and it seems like they will become favorited, knocking off the intrusive ASMR ones that Spotify seems to be promoting to you. I'm doing this on an iPad 6.

I have a few podcasts that had been deleted or banned but I have no idea how to remove them from my favorites/library and it’s really bothering me since I like my things organized.

Suggested posts