Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community] daily drive

[Community] daily drive

When are you going to fix "daily drive" so it doesn't play the exact same songs every time? I see many have been complaining about this for years and I cannot see where you have addressed this, other than to instruct them to play new music which does nothing to resolve the issue.

3 Replies

Hey @klyn,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like to add some insights about this behavior. We understand where you coming from, but keep in mind these playlists (e. g. Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly) are created by Spotify based on your recent listening activity. We'd suggest you make sure the Private Session is off, so the algorithm can gather enough info about your most recent listening activity. Also, make sure you're listening to music not only from other recommended playlists like Discover Weekly or Daily Mix, but through the Search option as well.

Keep in mind that if most of the music you listen to comes from your personalized playlists (like Discover Weekly, Daily Mix, Daily Drive) the new suggested content won't update as often. It's worth mentioning that these playlists update regularly, so please give them some breaks, explore some new music, and check in the coming weeks and let us know how it goes.

We located this idea posted by another user with a similar request, so feel free to add your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to it to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

Lastly, we'd like you to know that we value every piece of feedback you share with us; but our Ideas board is to help us receive new product and feature suggestions that will allow us to improve our app and service for everyone. The Daily Drive playlist you kindly mentioned is managed by our editorial team, so we can't influence them. 

We really appreciate your feedback and the time you took to write to us, we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience. We'd also suggest you have a look at our Idea Exchange Guidelines.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

My morning for the last 3 weeks has started off with the same exact podcast every freaking morning usually followed by the same exact songs. i loved Daily drive when i first started using it but now it does nothing but play the same thing no matter what other content i like and follow to try and change it. it's driving me nuts.

holiday music still included in my daily mixes

Suggested posts