Announcements

Joe Rogan Podcast - Stop Video

Highlighted

Joe Rogan Podcast - Stop Video

Is there a way to turn vide off whilst listening to the Joe Rogan podcast? I just want to listen to it and not have the podcast drain my phone battery. Same question for desktop version. 

Thanks

13 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Joe Rogan Podcast - Stop Video

Casual Listener

It also requires a lot more data and conflicts with carplay.  Please offer Audio Only

Highlighted

Visitor
Also causes trouble playing it without wifi cause it somehow needs service even though its downloaded
Highlighted

Agreed.  I listen to that podcast in my car during my commute, and today, it drained my battery MUCH faster than normal.  An option to utilize audio only would be great.

Highlighted

Agreed, I listen at work and normally my phone lasts me the day with podcasts playing for 10 hours. Today my phone was dead after listening to the equivalent of 1 episode of JRE. Tried turning off canvas and turned on data saver none of which turn off the video. Please fix!! 

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

While this isn't currently possible, there are a couple of related ideas that you can add your vote to:

Cheers!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Visitor
  • hey, 

i understand that this was not your decision but it’s ridiculous to not have this as an option from the get go. 
easy enough to look at consumption data through the previous streaming platforms and then anticipate that same demand.

It’s a podcast that is unable to run without video. Let that sink in for a minute.

hoping for a fix asap. I can only imagine that you have a lot of eyes on that project internally. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
YIEA!
Highlighted

Regular

You take the most popular podcast in the world, and downgrade so many aspects, eg. this issue where there is no ability to listen only with audio to the most popular podcast in the world (where 60% of its listeners are audio only). With the investment spotify made in JRE, i cant believe that no one at spotify seems to actually understand this...

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Braindead at Spotify HQ ... Time to see if they pay any attention to their community
SUGGESTED POSTS