Library either does not load or shuffle

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 6s, PS4, Xbox One

My Question or Issue

My library does not seem to load anymore.  It looks like it’s loading for a while but the tracks almost never appear.  When they do, if I click on shuffle, it does not play anything.  This is only on iOS.  On Xbox and PS4, I am unable to view my library at all.  Also, my daily personalized playlists haven’t updated since months ago (they have been the same ever since.)

22 Replies

Hey again @PurpleSabbath

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

In this case, we suggest that you try creating a new account to check if the issue persists there. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I don’t understand how that would fix the issue.  I already explained that after removing all my liked songs and shuffling a smaller library works on my current account.  I had over 200,000 songs in my liked songs library and have been able to shuffle on my phone, and then connect to PS4 just fine, up until this week.  The issues only started with the recent update.  

If the issue is I have too many songs, I don’t see how a: using Spotify the same way on a new account would fix the issue, and b: why I am suddenly unable to shuffle my library with far fewer songs than the old limit.  The issues started happening as soon as Spotify had an update, surely something about the update broke things, right?

Hello, 

It has been 2 weeks and I have not received any updates.  Can you please explain to me what happens to a Spotify account that requires its users to make a whole new account just to get your service to work?  I am also using a paid family account.  Will my wife have to make a whole new account too? How do I know I won’t be experiencing the same issues on the new accounts?  And why, as a paid subscriber, so I have to do all your testing and troubleshooting for you?  Please address these issues, or I will not be a paying customer for much longer.

Thank you.

Suggested posts