Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Very curious as to other peoples' experience of this- when I am online, my library shows a seemingly random selection of albums that I have downloaded. In order to play an album that, though it may have been downloaded for years, Spotify hasn't decided to graciously present me with, I either have to manually find it on the search page, or turn off my WiFi. I use the most up to date version of the IOS app, so I assume that this feature is intentional, making it all the more frustrating. The app is obviously not unusable, but it's a frankly bizarre decision that adds absolutely nothing, only detracts from the already diminished streamlining of the app.

It seems that spotify has been deliberately trying to make the library harder to use ever since it removed the alphabetical sidebar, is this some kind of ploy to promote the streaming side of its business or something? It's getting to the point where I am seriously considering moving platforms, each update includes another change to the UI that seems to have been chosen by throwing darts at a page of design choices designed to just make people angry.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Drainface,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

Note that your whole music library should be visible both when you are connected over WiFi as well when the app is offline. If you're offline however, you'll be able to play only your downloads.

If that's not the case, we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall. This way you can remove corrupted files that might be causing such issues. If that doesn't fix things a screenshot of how your library is displayed would help us out a lot in getting to the bottom of this. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

It's also possible to sort your music by title. This way the alphabetical sidebar will also appear. You can find out more about this function in this support article.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Mikhail,

Having done a clean reinstall, things appear to be back to normal, so I guess a corrupted file must have been the problem. Thanks very much for your reply. Thanks also for your patience, having read my original post back my tone is unnecessarily confrontational. Have a nice day too!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Drainface,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

Note that your whole music library should be visible both when you are connected over WiFi as well when the app is offline. If you're offline however, you'll be able to play only your downloads.

If that's not the case, we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall. This way you can remove corrupted files that might be causing such issues. If that doesn't fix things a screenshot of how your library is displayed would help us out a lot in getting to the bottom of this. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

It's also possible to sort your music by title. This way the alphabetical sidebar will also appear. You can find out more about this function in this support article.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hi Mikhail,

Having done a clean reinstall, things appear to be back to normal, so I guess a corrupted file must have been the problem. Thanks very much for your reply. Thanks also for your patience, having read my original post back my tone is unnecessarily confrontational. Have a nice day too!

Suggested posts