Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Samsung Galaxy

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have some local files in the version for desktop, and I create playlists for that files.

The problem is: On the desktop version the musics appears and I can hear them, but when I tried to listening the musics in my smartphone Samsung Galaxy A02S I receive the note "this music

is not available in this device"

I send two images of the errors, one from desktop and the other from the smartphone

Local Files_Desktop.jpg
Screenshot_20211212-181007_Spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @nahyden69,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

For any issues with Local files, we'd recommend going through the suggestions in this Article.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Alex,

The suggestions doesn´t solve my problem.

Spotify doesn´t have an answer for my question?

It´s so hard to solve this problem? 

Hey @nahyden69,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you run us through what troubleshooting you've done so far and let us know whether the setting 'Show local audio files' is switched on in your Spotify app on the phone? If it is, try turning that off and re-downloading your playlists, which contain local files from your Desktop.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I have a CD not available on Spotify that I had downloaded to my desktop. Following instructions in these forums, I added these as local files to my Spotify library. 

I am a Premium member of Spotify. Again, following instructions, I created a playlist on my Android phone that contained all the music from this CD. (I did this while logged into the Spotify app on both devices.) Now I have that playlist (I'll call it playlist A) on my phone and can listen to that music. 

My problem is that I have a different playlist (I'll call it playlist B) in my library that has some songs from that album. I can play them on my desktop, but they are still greyed out on my phone. I even added the entire playlist A to playlist B on my phone. Now, on playlist B, the songs that I had already added from that CD are still greyed out, while the very same songs are playable further down the list (those added to playlist B from playlist A.)

Playlist B plays the songs in a particular order, interspersed with other songs from other albums. Since all of them are now added (from Playlist A) at the end of playlist b, I could manually move each song up to the desired position, and the erase the greyed-out version, but this is a bit tedious. Is there any reason why songs added from local files won't play in a previously created playlist?

Hey @blenci,

Thanks for posting here.

It's a good idea to restart the device, log out and log back in again in order for the content to sync up.

If that doesn't help, we'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure that the app is up-to-date and the cache is cleared. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts