Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On Repeat playlist not updating

Solved!

On Repeat playlist not updating

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9, Windows 10 PC, Macbook Pro 2017)

Operating System

( Android Pie, Windows 10, macOS Catalina)

My Question or Issue

The songs on my on repeat playlist have not changed for several months, even though I have been listening to other music. The playlist updates, I.E. 16 hours ago, appears next to a song on PC, but the songs themselves have not changed. I have been purposefully not listening to the playlist, and listening to another which I have created in the hopes that On Repeat will eventually update display the songs I am currently listening to, alas, this has not happened. This issue is the same regardless of the device.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for your feedback.

Note that the algorithms which determine how these playlists are set up get updated every 5 day, but not necessarily every time the same amount of songs get changed up. The time it takes for the changes to appear and the number of titles that get affected may vary from user to user. Also, songs that have been repeated multiple times over a longer time-frame don't get automatically removed in favor of those that have been on repeat more recently. All in all, the more new and different content you play repeatedly, the higher the chance is for it to come up in these playlists sooner.

@kilaneten whether or not a specific playlist is liked shouldn't have an affect on update of the Repeat Rewind and On Repeat playlists. If you could share an URI of the playlist you mentioned, we'd be happy to investigate this further. This page explains how to find an URI in Spotify. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @StinduWardo,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

As @Mihail has previously explained, this playlist gets updated and populated with new songs once the algorithm has gathered enough data on your listening activity. 

We'd recommend listening to more of your favorite music through the Search option. If you listen to music primary through playlists like Daily Mix, your other recommendations playlists might not update as often.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I'm also having this issue

Me 3, I've tried logging out of everything, didn't work. Anyone with the solution, please post, thanks

I had the same problem and when I "unliked" the playlist it updated the next day.

I used the "log out everywhere" button and after a few days it updated as normal, but I'll try unliking the list nexttime it happens

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for your feedback.

Note that the algorithms which determine how these playlists are set up get updated every 5 day, but not necessarily every time the same amount of songs get changed up. The time it takes for the changes to appear and the number of titles that get affected may vary from user to user. Also, songs that have been repeated multiple times over a longer time-frame don't get automatically removed in favor of those that have been on repeat more recently. All in all, the more new and different content you play repeatedly, the higher the chance is for it to come up in these playlists sooner.

@kilaneten whether or not a specific playlist is liked shouldn't have an affect on update of the Repeat Rewind and On Repeat playlists. If you could share an URI of the playlist you mentioned, we'd be happy to investigate this further. This page explains how to find an URI in Spotify. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

Mine is stuck on January 19th, here's a screenshot

Screenshot_20220201-103618.png
Marked as solution

Hey @StinduWardo,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

As @Mihail has previously explained, this playlist gets updated and populated with new songs once the algorithm has gathered enough data on your listening activity. 

We'd recommend listening to more of your favorite music through the Search option. If you listen to music primary through playlists like Daily Mix, your other recommendations playlists might not update as often.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator

Hi, I’m having a similar problem where my On Repeat playlist isn’t updating, except for maybe 4 songs. The music I’ve been listening to has almost completely changed since the last full update (which was maybe a month ago), but out of those (many new artists and albums), only a few have shown up on this playlist. I’ve almost completely stopped listening to the music that’s still on my On Repeat, in favor of new things but even though I’ve noticed the playlist change a few times over the month, barely anything is updated compared to my recent repeats. 

Doesn't work/apply.  And btw - your rational does not fit with the list's caption of "Songs you love right now" - anything I repeat recently, however often, should show in the list over anything I repeat-played last year (which is what most of this list is - but I already have my (spotify generated!) 2022 list!)

At least it tells you a date - nowhere can i get a date last updated to show!

And exactly how many plays of how many songs is that?  Unless we specifically say to exclude from our tastes algorithm or whatever that option is, you should be including everything!

I have been listening to different music for at least 2 months since trying that list for the first time.  Nothing's changed.  How about actually looking at individual users' issue with this instead of generalising like there is no issue, cos clearly there is?!

Suggested posts