Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE GET RID OF THE DAILY HOROSCOPE GARBAGE

PLEASE GET RID OF THE DAILY HOROSCOPE GARBAGE

This is happening on all my devices, I clicked on a daily horoscope once, and now it's all that's recommended to me, it's FLOODED MY HOMEPAGE like a virus, it won't go away, I tried clean install on both my Macbook pro and iphone. WON'T GO AWAY.

THIS IS LITERAL GARBAGE. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THIS DAILY HOROSCOPE TRASH. AT LEAST GIVE US OPTION TO TURN IT OFF! PLEASE!

My feed is FILLED with daily horoscope. It's at the VERY TOP of the app every time i open it. "Spotify original & exclusive shows", "Your top shows", "listen to your daily horoscope", "Get inspired", "Shows you might like". FIVE CATEGORIES. I DON'T WANT THIS **bleep**! THIS IS WORSE THAN COVID!

IMG_4723.PNG
Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 2.40.14 PM.png
IMG_4728.PNG
6 Replies

Hey @sh7dows

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

We tried reproducing the issue on our side but after listening to several episodes of the podcast we weren't able to see the issue affecting the Home page. 

This makes us think that given the fact that this occurs across multiple devices it might be account-related. To check if this is the case, try logging in to another Spotify account on your device to see if you'll experience this after listening to an episode of the podcast. You can borrow an account from a friend or relative or create a free test account following the steps here.  

If this persists with another account it's a good idea to test if it's happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection. If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). 

In case you no longer see the issue when using another connection, it'd be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example restarting your router).

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I have exactly the same problem. I don't even know why Spotify keeps on pushing this rubbish at us. It is para-religious garbage. I would rather spend my time reading the ingredients on the cereal box backwards than hear this nonsense. FFS, I pay good money for the whole family to listen to what they like, not for some freakin' weirdo to tell me stupid lies every day. There are several comments like this on the forum, why is spotify not stopping? I will definitely moving to deezer that my son really wants if this doesn't get resolved in the next 30 days.

Hey @jesuisunbobo,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way and will do our best to help. To that end, could you let us know if you've tried any of the troubleshooting steps that @Ivan posted above and what their outcome was? You can also consider adding your support for this Idea on our Exchange. 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi - I have this problem with Daily Horoscope (which I loathe), but only on my desktop app. I cannot get rid of it by any of the means suggested above, and it's incredibly annoying to see it every time I'm in the app. Please please please please make this something users must opt into or can opt out of. For the love of God, Montresor....

Hey @keskridge,

Thanks for your post!

We understand that not everything the app presents you with is to your liking. 

Other users have voiced their concerns about this here - feel free to add your +Vote to the Idea, don't let the status discourage you. When ideas gain a large number of votes they usually get implemented.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It’s ridiculous that many of your customer are asking for the simple option to remove suggestions with a “I don’t like this/ don’t suggest this again” button and YET YOU STILL INSIST ON TELLING PEOPLE TO RESET THEIR WIFI OR JUST IGNORE IT? If I am not given an option to remove this zodiac and other trash suggestions off my home page within the next 30 days then I will definitely be deactivating my 6+ year old account. I never had this issue until this year. I cannot believe we are plagued with a horrible Home Screen and you tell everyone to just deal with it? That is not how personal suggestion or home pages work! Please make it right before my hand is forced into deactivating. I don’t want any suggestions. Just give me the option to click “I don’t like this suggestion” it’s very very simple.

Suggested posts