Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Radio Issues

Playlist Radio Issues

Whenever I try to start a radio based on a playlist, whether I created that playlist or it is from another user, the radio is not based on that playlist. It uses songs from my personal playlists and can be completely different from the desired playlist radio. For instance, last night I was trying to listen to a Simple Plan radio and it contained songs from my personal library by Olivia O'Brien and Ariana Grande which are NOTHING like the Simple Plan. Is anyone experiencing this or is there something I am doing wrong? Thank you in advance. 

3 Replies

Hey @KenziePedroia,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

The way the radio feature works is that it includes content based not only on your personal likes, but also those of other users that have liked the source song or playlist. If you feel that the generated playlists include songs that don't fit, the best thing to do is to expand your library by liking more songs and following more artists. that way you'll give the algorithm a push and should start seeing an improvement after a while. Keep in mind that it might take up to a couple of weeks for these changes to take effect. 

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail,

Thank you for your response! I think my problem is more that my radios are too broad. I listen to a lot of different types of music and sometimes I just want to listen to that specific genre or type. Is there any way I can make my radios more specific to my specific playlists? Thank you. 

Hey @KenziePedroia,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Currently there isn't a way to narrow down the scope of a radio, however we're always open to new ideas 🙂 The best way to get yours noticed and considered is if you create an idea for it in the Community by going here - that way, other users will also be able to vote for it.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see how popular a certain idea is with our users and helps us constantly improve the app. You can learn more about it here.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts