Premium

Country

UK

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(OSx Big Sur 11.6.8.)

My Question or Issue

I clicked 'enhance' on one of my rather long (72+ hours) Spotify playlists in the desktop app which caused the playlist to crash.

Now anytime I click the playlist I get "Something went wrong, try reloading the page" and it continues to say that after hitting reload.

So far I've tried, un-enhacing the playlist on my mobile device.

Deleting the Spotify desktop app and the associated cache folders and doing a fresh install

Deleting the playlist and reinstating it

Still get the same problem and it won't load on 

26 Replies

I recently encountered this problem. I know it is marked as "solved" but I consider this a workaround, not a true solution. This is a nasty bug that caused me to lose 45 minutes of my day trying to figure it out, while it was effectively barring me from accessing my longest and most-listened-to playlist until I figured it out.

Also, if this glitch has been known for nearly 2 months, why is it still not fixed? At a bare minimum the Spotify team needs to remove the "Enhanced" option from the Desktop app if it is still glitchy. I would strongly prefer just not having that option, to having it be there and have it potentially break playlists like this.

It seems to be fixed for me. I haven't tried it since getting it back but I've just tried it and it lets me enhance and un-enhance without blocking me out now.

Running: Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

Also having this problem. Made the playlist public: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6Nk9F2Azku6BhXYvAHkVE0?si=f8baccfebe40421e

My computer is:

MacBook Pro 13-inch, M2, 2022. 16 GB Memory, Ventura 13.1

Spotify Version: 1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c-384

Tried copying the playlist, remaking it, and even taking out one song at a time to see if one song is causing this problem. No luck. Please help!

My playlists stop working if I turn on "enhance", it worked fine a couple days ago.
iphone SE 
iOS 16.2
Spotify version 8.8.2.511
no local files

I made a new playlist and enhanced it and when it got to an "enhanced" song it stopped working.

Hey @AnOnYmOuS_606,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Would you mind sending us a video recording of the described behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

We could listen to the playlists from our side. Can you check if you can play the playlist from your side, but from a different account in the affected device? It'd help us to isolate this behavior and it'd be great if you could ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open it in your device and check.

Finally, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I realized what might be causing the issue for some of us! I made a copy of my playlist and removed every song with an Explicit rating on it. after doing so it enhanced just fine! (and I did try enhancing it before removing them since it was a different playlist, same issue until I removed them.)

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Dell laptop

Operating System

Linux Ubuntu 22.04

Spotify version

Spotify version 1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819 ( snap package)

My Issue

If I have "enhance" option on, I can't view the playlist. 

Steps to reproduce

1. Have a playlist
2. Click the "Enhance" button

3. That playlist is no longer viewable after it refreshes

Have to do the right click on playlist on home screen and turn off enhance in order to view playlist again. 
That this is still a problem is quite bad.

Suggested posts